Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent ages getting the Spider in tip top condition for our Brittany tour and whilst waiting for the ferry, some **** has scraped his caravan along the front wing!

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Unhitch it from his car before he drives off.

Reactions: Greener123

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes we were sat at passport control, he pulled away in the right hand lane and for no reason just veered over to the left. I could see exactly what was going to happen so was furiously beeping the horn but he just carried on.

It didn't look too bad at first, it has creased the wing and snapped off the side repeater but a look underneath shows it's pushed the lower valance out and it's torn at the seem.

Silver lining though is I knew there was filler in there so now his insurance can pay for a proper repair!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's also raining so hard it would put out any fire! Roll on sunny France.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Did the moron at least stop and acknowledge his lack of driving skills

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
If he is unable to even get on a ferry without hitting someone, I suspect he might be in for quite an adventurous time. If he pulls off the same trick on a French roundabout with a lorry he might just be spending his holiday in a hotel.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I hate caravans despite having spent some enjoyable childhood holidays in my mum and dads tourer, each to their own but I just don't see the point, there has been an exponential growth in the number of camper vans so there seem to be fewer caravans around these days, there should be a separate test for drivers of caravans

·
Registered
59 Posts
A few years ago we went to a wedding in France and stayed in the same hotel as the reception. Of course one of the departing (****ed-up?) guests couldn't get out of the carpark in his dreadful French MPV without whacking the front of my spider. Anyway got it all repaired when I got home on insurance, including a nice job on the surrounding panels too to get the colour match right etc.

·
Registered
17,852 Posts
OK - here's an admission after which I might have to duck for cover: I LIKE CARAVANS.

There. I've said it.

I enjoy the experience of towing - mainly because I'm flippin' good at it. Reversing a speciality. I've towed twin-axled vans all over and extensively in Europe. I've had one guy pull alongside and say, "it was a pleasure to follow you," probably because I always kept good pace and left space to pass, if anyone felt they HAD to pass me anyway, even though I'm doing the speed limit (of the road, not the trailer...).

One thing though - they don't look right behind certain cars, and Alfas are one of them.

Right... time to retire to my Anderson Shelter in the garden, with my Thermos and digestives, and wait for the flak... INCOMING!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts