Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recovery organisation before you ask..........:beer:

My renewal arrived last month with a threat of continuos payment, I don't like that.:furious:

I shopped around and took a deal with RAC, both cars covered and £30 cheaper. I then cancelled the continuos payment by phoning the AA. Job done.

Oh no it wasn't. £80 just come off my bank account payable to the robbing AA.

I have just been on the phone and really wanted to have an argument, but the lady on the phone was so nice.

She says......I was late telling them I didn't want to renew, 4 days is not enough notice.:irked: The transaction was debited and credited in the same day when someone realised it was not for renewal, but it takes several days for the credit to show in my account.

They are on my hit list come the revolution.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Sounds like the 'nice' AA lady sold you a load of booolocks to me. I have cancelled continous payment orders with a lot less than 4 days notice to the insurer or whatever. The AA got your money in their account and will earn a tiny bit of interest off it. Multiply that by the thousands that leave every year and its quite a tidy profit.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pleasant lady, money refunded and ineptitude on your part for leaving it late.
2/10.:p
Twart one:p
Harsh.
But fair.:p
Twart two:p
Sounds like the 'nice' AA lady sold you a load of booolocks to me. I have cancelled continous payment orders with a lot less than 4 days notice to the insurer or whatever. The AA got your money in their account and will earn a tiny bit of interest off it. Multiply that by the thousands that leave every year and its quite a tidy profit.
Always thought you were a sensible fellow ADF.:thumbup:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I think the RAC are probably similar. I swapped to them (after a year break from the AA). My welcome offer was good but my renewal wasn't so good but being lazy I took it.

I think my insurance policies allow/include it. I will look into it properly next year for certain.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
You seem to get the best value on breakdown cover if you buy it as part of your car insurance. That'S what I have been doing for the last couple of years. :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You seem to get the best value on breakdown cover if you buy it as part of your car insurance. That'S what I have been doing for the last couple of years. :thumbs:
Never done that, considered it every time I renew. May look at it a bit closer next time. :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts