Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Blocking Emergency Services

2K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  Pte1643 
G
#1 ·
#5 ·
should at least be a man slaughter charge, daft demented cow, see a few round just completely unaware of whats going on around them,never seen someone block an ambulance diliberatly, should leave her alone with members of the family:rant::mad:

G
#12 ·
No further proof needed to convince me, :mad:

But, let's be fair, poor lass was suffering from stress at the time. :rolleyes: :rant::rant:

It's unbelievable that she would have the temerity to proffer any sort of excuse for that sort of behaviour. To use stress is completely insulting - both to the intelligence of the court and also to all genuine stress suffers.

G
#13 ·
I think she must have been banned - she had already admitted a charge of dangerous driving.

"In the crown court, the maximum penalty for dangerous driving is 2 years imprisonment, an unlimited fine and a minimum obligatory driving ban of 1 year. Before a full driving licence can be re-instated, the defendant will have to take an extended driving test."

#18 ·
Well she had just got away with murder ... you'd be smiling too :rolleyes:

#21 ·
G
#22 ·
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Moronic-driver-blocked-ambulance/article-1074541-detail/article.html said:
Paul Prior, defending, said: "She was under a significant amount of stress at the time and also had a cancer scare last year.
Playing the Jade Goodie card?

Hope that didn't help to reduce her sentence.

Maybe all her "mates" will shun her.

#23 ·
No excuses are good enough I reckon. We all go through a load of carp from time to time, but you cant seriously say the scare from last year contributed to her stupidity this year.

And if you can say that, then she is a danger to herself, and more importantly, others. Padded cell me thinks.

#24 ·
31 weeks pregnant? Be a shame if she needed an ambulance to get her to hospital wouldn't it?
"Sorry we're late love, some idiot kept cutting us up in the traffic." says the paramedic. "Oh dear, you have already given birth? No pain relief or medical help? Shame. :slap: "

#27 ·
G
#29 ·
And banned for 3 years. :thumbs:

That longer article makes it clear she did a lot worse than was described in the Beeb report. I'd have jailed her, if I had been the judge - guilty plea or not.

And there's going to be a mini-moron born in a couple of months :(

#31 ·
31 weeks pregnant...

Despite the incident in question, what the hell was she thinking of driving like that at 31 weeks pregnant anyway? Talk about putting your unborn child in potential danger.

Thankfully... Around here anyways we don't hear of many of these incidents.
You do get lots of people get in the way of Ambulances, but that's out of sheer "Not Paying Attention" mode.
You see drivers (mostly elderly, it must be said) toodling along the road with an Ambulance right up their chuff on a Red Call, with absolutely No Idea it's there.

Then they panic and slam on the brakes.

This is also NOT a good idea, well not in front of one of ours... They weigh 4 Tons and can't stop on a sixpence.
This DOES happen a fair bit. This is the result when a FIAT Punto stops suddenly in front of an Ambulance...

Attachments

#32 ·
I was once sat in rush hour traffic where the traffic was at a stand still both ways with an ambulance trying to get through. The only thing to do was mount the curb. Not a huge problem as the curb wasnt too high. Except for the woman in front who point blank refused to move stopping the ambulance from going anywhere. Some rather large looking bloke in the car opposite kindly removed her from her vehicle and moved the car for her much to the pleasure of everyone in the jam.
Its safe to say she was nearly lynched and i nearly wet myself with excitement.
Bloody cow.

#35 ·
Happening more and more. My brothers a responder, talks frequently of the abuse and [frankly] unbelievable attitudes that he comes across. One of his big issues is road junctions and people blocking off yellow box junctions in particular. He arrives, all blue lights, sirens and yellow and green battenbergs and the guy in the car blocking him gives him a two fingered gesture and mouths at him to 'go forth and multiply' in a colloquial language.

The best yet though, he's travelling down a small one way street with parked cars either side. Blues and twos again, just enough room to squeeze down the middle of the road. Car in front pulls up, stops and a woman gets out and says 'I'll only be a minute, just need to drop my children off at school'
She calmly walks (not runs) around the car, get two children out of the car and walks (not runs) them to the school doors, sees them off with a kiss and walks (not runs) back to the car giving him the thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!

You really couldn't make it up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.