Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Has anyone experienced blinking airbag light and a message "Airbag testing not complete" on their Brera/159? I had an accident some time ago and Airbags/tensioners replaced, now I finally replaced an airbag ECU - after which I get this error now. I haven't tried reading the codes and clearing them.

I am only asking, so I could decide if I should:
1. Get an ECU scanning cable and clear the codes myself
2. There is something wrong with one of the airbags and it needs to go to the garage anyway so no point to buy the cable now.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
It it were me, I'd definitely get a scanner, or take it to someone with the correct scanner (not all scanners can read the airbag ECU). The scanner will tell you where the fault is.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Proxy alignment, if you do not know, is basically "introducing the car and the ecu to each other". Letting the car know it has to communicate with the new ECU, and vice versa.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went to the dealer. He did the proxy allignment and read the codes in the airbag ECU and there were none. But the blinking light and "airbag testing not complete" message remains...

There is another dealer nearby, who might have newer diagnostic equipment they think, I'll try them next.

Hasn't anyone done the airbag replacement procedure on 159/Brera, and can describe it a bit, just for our information:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to revive old thread. But I've had same error on dashboard after swapping airbag ECU and adding passenger knee guard. Local indie garage coded new ECU with Fiat Examiner. Apparently it's the only way to code new airbag ECU. Took 10 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts