Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Stelvio (bought in Switzerland) has the blind spot monitoring option. The warning is an optical sign in the outside back mirror, but there is no additional accustic warning. This is poor especially when the sun is shining, the warning lamp can hardly be seen. I wonder wether there is an other country specification, e.g. us etc, where beside the optical warning there is also the accustic warning.
Does anybody know about this?
At the same time I am also not very much happy with the size of the back camera screen. Is there a possibility to enlarge the screen by an update.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I agree with you on both counts. So far no improvements/updates have been released about those things unfortunately.

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
I thought it beeped only if you try to change line when the light is on? :confused:

Otherwise, in the US especially, the fecker would be beeping all the time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not talking of the line holder who beeps all the time, but can be switched off by pushing the bottom on the left side.
The blind spot monitoring is only optical in the outside back mirror and has as far as I found out no accustic warning.

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Yes you said, "Blind Spot Monitoring." I did understand you! :p

The blind spot monitoring systems gives a warning light when it detects an object
moving into your blindspot. (Below a set speed relative to yours.)
And only issues an audible warning if you indicate or try moving over into the lane that
has an active warning light on.

That's how I understood it works.

·
Registered
963 Posts
No there is no audio warning. The light in the wing mirror is steady when there is someone in the blind spot, and if you turn the indicator on it will start flashing, without any audio warning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the problem with Alfa: they continue where they have stopped! The Stelvio is a great car (motor, transmission, performance, roadhold etc.) but with many medieval details (breaks, infotainment, back camara, assistant systems, no LED, etc.). The 'Pullover' counts on our loyality. Sofar so good, but dangerous!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts