Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and bought a renault scenic :cry:

It was cheap and it's family friendly but the worst bit is that the wife is taking it and leaving me with the old corsa :rolleyes:

But although it looks like i'm leaving the 166 fold after a happy 8 years (!!) with a bit of luck i'm going to get hold of a wee 156 that needs a bit of TLC that can replace the corsa which will finally get binned so we're still keeping the alfa flag flying :D

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
WHIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!:cry::tut::vomit:

I was getting the Golf all ready for you take delivery of aswell! :)

Hopefully you get the 156.

I'm getting very itchy feet just now and continually looking at Alfas. I don't know why because I'm getting a company car in a couple of months!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!:cry::tut::vomit:

I was getting the Golf all ready for you take delivery of aswell! :)

Hopefully you get the 156.

I'm getting very itchy feet just now and continually looking at Alfas. I don't know why because I'm getting a company car in a couple of months!
Get that super for 600 :D

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I think it's sold - luckily!

To be honest I doubt I would go for a car I'd already owned. I really like 156s and if I got another Alfa it would probably be one of those. I drove a couple of 156s after I sold my 166 and it was great driving one again. I forgot just how good they were to drive - much better than a 147.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Looks like a FIRE engine. :)

Fully Intergrated Robotised Engine? Or was the F for Fiat?

A Giugiaro milestone. All the glass is flat for cheapness. The ashtray slides along the dash roll edge like on the original Unos. :)

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'd love a gtv but they are just too small - i do quite fancy a 156 now which should be a wee bit of fun....that panda looks perfect though, that wee FIRE engine looks basically the same as the wee ones they are still using in new pandas/500's! I miss my wee cinquecento....first italian car and it got me hooked :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
i'd love a gtv but they are just too small - i do quite fancy a 156 now which should be a wee bit of fun....that panda looks perfect though, that wee FIRE engine looks basically the same as the wee ones they are still using in new pandas/500's! I miss my wee cinquecento....first italian car and it got me hooked :D
The GTV is a good car, handles well, twinspark is quick and loves to rev! They are good cars but for me being 6ft 3" headroom is an issue and reer seat room is pants for anthing more than your coat or bag! For 2 people it is a wicked little car and gets lots of looks but for anything more it just isn't that good!

Dan

·
Registered
933 Posts
Fully Intergrated Robotised Engine
Thats the one.

Not the first Panda we have owned.

Adding to the 'fleet' rather than replacing anything (althoug 'grale may go later in the year :cry: ). Starting a new job with 20 mile odd stop/start round trip a day rather then current train commute, didnt want to do that in the 166 or the Coupe, Panda is hardly breaking the bank,FC classic commute ins £101 .... and I can claim a mileage allowance - so I think its almost working out a potential free ride for the year. :)

Just the 45bhp and 4 forward gears to get used to again :lol:

ps anesh, i dont think that 166 to which you refer is white - looks silver to me.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Looks lovely. No sunroof too. What's it like for rust around those vents at the bottom of the windscreen? My 127 went there without the help of the any vents being there.

Someone I knew managed to drive their Panda into a stationary vehicle and survived. :)

It's a good job I'd not breeding as I'd want to name one of them after Giugiaro. Perhaps it would work as a middle name?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Cheers Monza

Yes, quite pleased there was no sunroof - the material ones are actually very good but need maintaining etc. and my experience of the FIAT glass pop-ups (remembering my Uno Turbo here) was that they leaked and also started to rot from the "drain-holes" (wheres that trade descriptions act gone) across to the top of the screen :mad:

What's it like for rust around those vents at the bottom of the windscreen?
There was a very small bit starting next to the drivers vent on the scuttle, but that is getting sorted properly before I pick her up.

Not bad for 25 years old - 45k miles from new, every MOT cert, history, pre-order form and original bill of sale etc.

Already know this will end up being more than just a commute car - not had an italian car of any decsription/value that has not been cherished and spoilt...... and my 19 year old Son has got eyes on it already too :tut:

Someone I knew managed to drive their Panda into a stationary vehicle and survived.
I'll definitely be doing my very best to take your word for it rather than attempt to prove/disprove :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Very tidy Panda.

I like Pandas, I bought a new 4x4 in this colour in 1989 when I was drunk (I had gone to the FIAT/Citroen dealer to buy a 2CV).

Great car in the snow. Simple 4x4 system + narrow mud & snow tyres meant that it could go almost anywhere.

I also had a 2wd version to teach my (many) children to drive in, but they rebelled (spoilt rotten), so I got the Punto instead.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd love a panda 4x4, there were loads by lake como the other year.. But i guess they where a victim of their own success, great in the snow but often salted roads? We know that that does to pandas...
A pity there isn't really anything small and sturdy like that now? Other than the recent panda 4x4 which doesn't quite look the same! Subaru Justy anyone??!!

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I'd love a panda 4x4, there were loads by lake como the other year.
The chap running the hotel I stayed in at Lake Garda had one. Rental Puntos are quite good at getting up mountains. ;)

I spent a couple of days being ferried around England in a rented Panda of that type. The headlights were shocking, I think we even replaced a headlamp bulb and being too nice or wet didn't even seek recompense for the bulb. The trip would have been even cheaper if we'd slept in the Panda for one night. I'm confident the headlamps are as poor as those in my 127. :)

:wow:

Your Panda even has a proper washer bottle. What's wrong with a hanging grey plastic bag with a pump in the bottom that splits when it's sliced by the fan because some numpty overfilled the washer bag? :eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts