Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper bleeding procedure for a 155TS 16v. Each time I flush the brake fluid, the brake pedal has to be floored more for effective braking. Because of the longer pedal travel, it has given me some harrowing experiences in traffic lately as the brakes takes longer to bite.

Your collective wisdom I now seek, before I wreck the behind of a Japanese car!

kenneth

J

·
0 Posts
Fill up resevoir with fluid, slacken nipple ( :D ), slowly floor the brake pedal, tighten nipple up, let brake pedal up. Top up resevoir.
Should be able to do a few pumps (no comments please boys) b4 you actually need to top up the resevoir.. but sometimes better safe than sorry.
Do this till the clean fluid starts coming through... also make sure no ait bubbles.
That'll show you've flushed the old stuff out of that line and new stuff in.

I'm sure it's start the furthest corner away from the resevoir, and move to the next closest one 'till they're all done.

Sommit like that anyways. :D

j

N

·
0 Posts
I thought you bleed it from rear o/s,front n/s,rear n/s,front o/s thats the way i was told and do it anyway

M

·
0 Posts
I think J is right. You start with the furthest away wheel so I would make that r/r, r/l, f/r then f/l.
I used an Easibleed kit. It made it really easy as it tops up the resovoir for you, also you can then do the job yourself. Connect up the kit, it uses the air pressure from the spare tyre and open the bleed nipples in turn.
I used about 750mL to bleed the whole system.

Marlon

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi all there!

I´m afraid that the service manual says that you have to bleed front first.

Besides, Marlon, when you use a Easybleed kit where goes the air that is already in the reservoir?
Do you can post a photo of the Easy kit ?
I think that Ihadn´t see a kit like that never in my country. Here mechanics use the old method of pumping the pedal but experts say that doing like that you can break your brake master cilinder. eek!

Cheers

M

·
0 Posts
Jorge, I'll try and post a pic when I find me camera.
The way the kit is designed, it fills the resovoir by forcing in more brake fluid from a seperate resovoir which comes with the kit. No air actually gets pushed into the cars tank. The one prob I did find was that it completely filled the cars resovoir so I had to leave the last bleed screw undone and let the excess fluid "fall" out under gravity.

Marlon

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks very much daiblack.
It looks great and simple, I´ll try to make one myself. :D

cheers
Jorge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts