Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I bleed the bleeding radiator?

I've just done a timing belt, water pump etc change and full service on my 159 1.9.

I drained the coolant using the little tap on the bottom drivers side of the radiator, so refreshing not to have to pull hoses off. The only problem was I had the drivers side wheel off and the car jacked up so quite alot of old coolant stayed in.

I refilled using the expansion tank and bled it through the little bolt on the metal pipe at the front of the engine. I then spent quite alot of time with the engine running squeezing the main rad hose that runs across the front of the engine bay, trying to burp the system. Even when the car was up to temp on the dash gauge, that top hose wasn't hot. Also it didn't feel full of water.

Is there another bleeding bleeder I've missed?

thanks for any help

Jonnym

·
Registered
701 Posts
Theres also one on top of the radiator (although mines 2.4 i think its the same) Theres also at the rear/cabinside of engine, where pipes go to/from heater-matrix for the cabin. Did same on mine & had no problem bleeding the system.

How do I bleed the bleeding radiator?

I've just done a timing belt, water pump etc change and full service on my 159 1.9.

I drained the coolant using the little tap on the bottom drivers side of the radiator, so refreshing not to have to pull hoses off. The only problem was I had the drivers side wheel off and the car jacked up so quite alot of old coolant stayed in.

I refilled using the expansion tank and bled it through the little bolt on the metal pipe at the front of the engine. I then spent quite alot of time with the engine running squeezing the main rad hose that runs across the front of the engine bay, trying to burp the system. Even when the car was up to temp on the dash gauge, that top hose wasn't hot. Also it didn't feel full of water.

Is there another bleeding bleeder I've missed?

thanks for any help

Jonnym

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Found the other bleed points as described and I think its air free, but I need to check after the thermostat opens.

thanks again

jonnym

1 - 3 of 3 Posts