Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car is jacked as high as I can get it at the rear but after putting almost 2 litres of fluid through it still no brake pedal....... It will pump up a bit. Clamping the rears on the flexible before the splitter gives a really nice solid pedal so problem is definitely rears.

I have read thread after thread on struggles to bleed these darn things. I am using eazibleed but doing it two man and still no success.

Any new magic methods?

Just to be clear this is Alfetta GTV inboard discs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So the car is jacked as high as I can get it at the rear but after putting almost 2 litres of fluid through it still no brake pedal....... It will pump up a bit. Clamping the rears on the flexible before the splitter gives a really nice solid pedal so problem is definitely rears.

I have read thread after thread on struggles to bleed these darn things. I am using eazibleed but doing it two man and still no success.

Any new magic methods?

Just to be clear this is Alfetta GTV inboard discs.
Tried bleeding both rears at the same time, if air is in there it will have to come out if fluid is going in...is it worth loosening the pipe into the calliper and pumping some fluid through. Don't laugh, but are the bleed nipples at the top of the circuit? The callipers on my kit car had to be fitted in such a way as with the calliper bolted in place the nipple was at the bottom so had to be bleed with it removed.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cockney21: do some searches on bleeding Alfetta brakes and you will know why there are so few replies and why the rear is jacked as high as it can go. There are hundreds of threads and hundreds of suggestions on how best to bleed these inboard b******s.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may now have got it as good as it's going to get. it is a very long time since I have driven this car it is hard to remember exactly what Alfetta GTV brakes feel like. There is more travel than I would like and clamping the rear flexi still reduces the pedal travel and firm the pedal but not such a huge difference as before.

Does anyone have an Alfetta GTV along the M4 corridor between Swindon and London that I could sit in and try the brake pedal? I remember there was always more travel on these than most other cars due to the Servo and master being on the passenger side and I would love to compare another to mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts