Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the clutch slave cylinder on my 97 155 2.0 16v and wondered if I correctly bleeded the system. Is a bleeding kit necessary? I just pumped the pedal a few times with the bleeder open until fluid came out. The clutch seems to be working ok but am afraid that I might have trapped air in the system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
If it's working okay then that should have done the trick. Normally you use a bleed kit or one of those rubber tubes with what looks like a nail stuck in end so that when you release the pedal, air doesn't get drawn back in.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sounds like it is ok as it's working. The clutch pedal should become a little lighter near the bottom if its all ok. Hopefully the pedal feels the same as it did before you had trouble.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply lads.

The pedal feels a bit different. Though, it could just be my paranoia. I might invest in a bleeding kit and rebleed the system (one day).

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just done this job and the pedal doesn't feel right, it has a bit of stiffness about halfway down. Works ok apart from this but I plan to bleed it agian just to be sure.

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it without a bleed kit and spent the next 10 minutes wiping the fluid off the car. :rolleyes: It dont half come out fast, I had a jet a good foot high.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cossiekiller said:
I did it without a bleed kit and spent the next 10 minutes wiping the fluid off the car. :rolleyes: It dont half come out fast, I had a jet a good foot high.
Happened to me too - the jet hit the bottom of the bonnet and splattered everywhere!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bit of pipe over the bleed nipple...into a jam jar :D

wrinx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts