Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Installed new BLAUPUNKT TORONTO 410 BT today in 2006 GT JTDM , got it wired up no problem and bluetooth connected ...audio works great can make hands free calls etc etc .....BUT ..it doesnt fit the din mount!

im guessing its cabling at the back stopping it from going all the way in ? , fascia cover is loose and unit wont push in far enough to click into the Din mounting . any advice welcome please . im guessing ill have to get behind it somehow or other to pull the loom out if the way ?

thanks in advance

cheers

Andy :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
There isn't much room behind the stereo, try just leaving the connections for the stereo free at the mouth of the hole and tuck the rest of the wire away (there's gaps at the left and right sides), then lift your stereo to the mouth, connect and push back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks v-kash, will try it that way . ive connected it first then just shoved it inthe hole ! problem is ive got patch leads connected which take up a lot of room ! anyway thx. will give it a shot tomorrow .

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
What you can try is first remove the card/cupholder below the headunit. This is just clipped in position; so extend the drawers, grasp them firmly, and pull and jiggle outwards in a controlled manner. It'll probably 'give' suddenly, and pop out.

Once that's out, you can help guide the headunit into the dash from underneath with your hand. It should help you push the wires to one side. Also use the screw-in support that goes on the back of the headunit; you'll find that this pushes into a recess in the plastic ducting behind, and supports the rear and stops it sagging down. If it's too long, you can cut the support back. Here's a pic of my Alpine with the support knob (you can ignore my side brackets, cos I have installed mine unconventionally): http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL97/467659/19095446/291798859.jpg

Then just clip the card/cupholder back into the dash afterwards.

:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks shiny car . that did the trick !! pulled the drawers out and easy to get hand behind to pull cabling out of the way ... cheers mate

ps. lucky bugger living in victoria ! crackin part of the world ..

spent a bit of time there in Monbulk /Emerald up in the dandenongs.

used to go to mornington peninsula, st.kilda. , also down to Bells for rip curl pro and phillip island for WSBK and up to bairnsdale/omeo fishing and camping ! ( had a shittly old holden kingswood ! not quite an alfa GT ;-) )
thanks again

Andy

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
:lol: Holden Kingswood is an iconic Aussie car! You had a classic there.

I live within 10 minutes of Bells Beach; love it over here.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts