Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all - I've had a good search and have found dozens of suggestions and nothing has worked so far.

I changed a couple of CD's in the cartridge of a 10 disc, Blaupunkt multichanger with the full Bose/computer system in a 147 GTA - it picked up a couple of the CD's straight away but not the others. Then, after switching off the ingnition - nothing.

It's goes through the "int CD" screen and then it won't even "see" the unit. It doesn't seem to recognise there is a multichanger, make no attempt to start up - won't eject either. Doesn't seem to be any power getting to it (haven't checked yet as my multimeter isn't where the car is)

I've disconnected it and give it an hour - still nothing. I had a look for fuses (seem to be hidden behind the main fuses in the cabin?), looked for loose connections.

As it looks a pain to remove the changer (looks as if someone has done this in the past as one of the allan key heads is rounded and the carpets are badly fitted) or take the fuse panel out to get at the fuses which are just labelled as "Bose" - anything else obvious or simple to try before I go and get my multi-meter or start dismantling the whole car???

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
First thing I'd check is whether a Blaupunkt CD changer works with the Bose system ... different manufacturers have different standards. It may have been left over or put in and not used.

You might want to get this moved to the "ICE & Blue&Me section" for more responses.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's worked perfectly since the day the car was built - it's only played up since I changed CD's

·
Registered
912 Posts
The Blaupunkt CD changer is part of the standard BOSE set-up. Mine sometimes refuses to read all the slots when I've changed CDs and I've had to remove the headunit and disconnect it for a few minutes before now. Always works again afterwards tho.

Have you tried it with NO CDs in at all? Also make sure all the trays are inserted into the cartridge correctly. It's easy to get it wrong!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah - thanks

I can't eject the cartridge to check unfortunately - it did that the first time (only read some CD's) but now it doesn't think there is anything attached

How does the head unit come out/ Do you need a tool to release the whole screen etc?

One of the speakers has an intermittent bad connection and it isn't at the speaker end could be loose connections at the back

·
Registered
912 Posts
Is it just a standard head unit or do you have Sat Nav?

You need the special U-shaped tools to remove the headunit - about £2 from Halfords, I think.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the whole thing with the Sat Nav - thought it would need the U-shaped tool, tried with some bent wire with no sucess !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts