Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Those alloys look great post refurb, where did you get them done?

Had my GT Blackline for a few months now, still absolutely love every drive in it! Looks like you've been as lucky as me in getting a well looked-after car :thumbs:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi Dusky

I had them refurbished at Home | Alloy wheel repair and refurbishment | Preswick | Carrick Alloy Restoration UK

They're next to Glasgow Prestwick airport and their customer service and quality of work were outstanding. Their prices were one of the best I could find too.

Also, I've spent £3,000 on my Blackline in the last 5 months - everything that could go wrong seems to have gone wrong. Still love her though :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
What did you think of Carrick Alloys? Do you get a choice of silvers or is it just 1 shade? Need to get my wheels done and there local.

Cheers

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hi Ben. There were a few silvers they had ready to apply. I opted for the "high sparkle silver" and I'm very pleased with the results. Call them and ask for Eric who was exceptionally helpful. :thumbs:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Here's a few shots I took as I was fitting the above bits to the Alfa tonight...

Old burst pipe vs Autolusso's silicon version:

New lower intercooler pipe fitted:

The discs that came off the Alfa vs the new M-Tec discs:

Discs and EBC Black Stuff (Ultimax) pads fitted:

Before shot of the alloys without Alfa centre caps and standard brakes:

After shot with new brakes and centre caps fitted:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Cheers, Iceman :thumbs:

I know, Muskie. I shouldn't torture myself. Must throw that calculator out and stop counting up the repair bills. :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Love this thread mate...the exact oposite of my million questions thread....just the blackline looking amazing and you getting on with making it even better :thumbs:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Cheers, Benson. Just love my Blackline and I'll try and document anything I upgarde/replace on it as time goes by.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts