Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I have found myself a reasonable set of Blackline alloys at last!

I am going to be running them without spacers and see how it goes. will my original GTV wheel bolts be compatible with this setup or do I need a different length?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Welshsteve

I am in exactly the same position as you , i picked my set of blacklines up yesterday, not a bad price and 4 matching premium tyres too.

the guy i bought from had them on a 916 spider (twinny) with no spacers and i guess the original bolts as i didnt get a set with the wheels.

cant report on whether they fit OK yet with current bolts as i plan to do a deep clean on them first.

i guess the first thing to check is if a wheel bolt passes through the hole with enough thread showing.

Dave

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, there's a lot of good info there, I did read this prior to my post but as I can't find any refrence to the wheel bolt length in it I thought I would ask seperatley.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I found the original bolts to long on the front wheels, due to the change in ET, they jammed into the brake caliper. 147 size wheel bolts worked a treat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
You’ll need new bolts. If you measure one of your old bolts against a GTV wheel you’ll find there is about 20mm sticking out the back of the wheel. This equates to 12mm for the bolt to screw into the threat on the hub (the bolt should screw in by at least its own diameter hence 12mm) plus the thickness of the brake disc. GT wheels are thinner than GTV ones where the bolts go through so using original bolts means you have too much thread sticking through for the fronts and the bolts will foul on the hub carrier. The rears are fine. Your options are buying GT bolts but be aware they have a 17mm head not 19mm so your wheel brace won’t fit or if your are handy with an angle grinder... take a couple of mm off.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You’ll need new bolts. If you measure one of your old bolts against a GTV wheel you’ll find there is about 20mm sticking out the back of the wheel. This equates to 12mm for the bolt to screw into the threat on the hub (the bolt should screw in by at least its own diameter hence 12mm) plus the thickness of the brake disc. GT wheels are thinner than GTV ones where the bolts go through so using original bolts means you have too much thread sticking through for the fronts and the bolts will foul on the hub carrier. The rears are fine. Your options are buying GT bolts but be aware they have a 17mm head not 19mm so your wheel brace won’t fit or if your are handy with an angle grinder... take a couple of mm off.
Thanks Simon much appreciated.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It looks like I have found myself a reasonable set of Blackline alloys at last!

I am going to be running them without spacers and see how it goes. will my original GTV wheel bolts be compatible with this setup or do I need a different length?
just checked out the blackline wheels I must admit they do look really cool on 916..🍀

·
Registered
669 Posts
I got 18 on my gtv's with 225 /40 profile tyres which adds up to nearly the same diameter as 17 with 225/45 tyres. I calculated c1mph error at 30mph. No scuffs on full lock and does improve the handling a good bit.with no noticeable loss of ride comfort.... 🍀 But then I have lowered front by 20mm....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blacklines fitted after giving them a good clean - now know they need a refurb! every wheel is kerbed and some pitting on the barrels

however i do think they the look the mutts!

did this compare image to see how different they are to the teledials

while i still like the original teledials i think the blackilines give the car a more modern look while keeping with the style of the older design

bought a new set of GT fitment wheel bolts as well

fitted without any spacers and they clear everything

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
GTV Teledial ET is 30.5, GT Blacklines 32, so only a difference of 1.5mm! To me the Blacklines look better on the GTV than the GT!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Blacklines fitted after giving them a good clean - now know they need a refurb! every wheel is kerbed and some pitting on the barrels

however i do think they the look the mutts!

did this compare image to see how different they are to the teledials
View attachment 938688

while i still like the original teledials i think the blackilines give the car a more modern look while keeping with the style of the older design

bought a new set of GT fitment wheel bolts as well

fitted without any spacers and they clear everything
Nice one they look very cool.... ✌🍀

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You get some very good tyres in 18" as well, a better choice than 17"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts