Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best way or should I say what is the best product to use to black out my B pillar as I'm planning on tinting the car soon and would like the continuity of the black look right round like on the mini's.

here's a pic of a 145 with the B pillar black'd out.

baie dankie :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
If you are talking about getting it looking like my 147 - then its simple. I closed the door early in the morning in the festive season after some clubbing and I closed the door with my left hand which has my ring finger on, nad scratched that black, you can't really see it but its black paint and some couple of clear coats.

So that's what you'll need, black paint and clear coats bru, and please, pretty please don't do the cheapo tint tog, mine was done by Alfa called the privacy tint, when I asked them it was just below 2k...coz you can see from inside out but hard to see from outside in, makes for good quicky in the car kinda stuff, only if you're married though!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I think your best bet is black vinyl, itl be a nice black with a gloss clear coat kinda look. My mate has done it in his first gen polo where the pillars are still white, he had his windows tinted then did the pillars and it came out really well, I think it's a bit risky trying to spray yourself

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kev, I think you're right my man...vinyl will be the best bet and I'm sure frost can sort me out with that....

lance buddy, you going to pretoria via vanderbijlpark....to do the black out effect you use some sort of material, what material it is I dunno and thats why I posted it on here, spray painting is totally out of the question....eish ma se kind :p

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Might be a sore topic, but try to get the spray painter to do it when he repairs your door and fender...
Ask him to "work it into the price" then you'll only be paying for one side...
:thumbs:
win-win...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah, I'm thinking if I fit the vinyl I at least have the option of removing it if I feel I need a change in looks...

ey, thats still a sore point hey, gonna go get some quotes this week, will take pics and post them...I got rid of alot of debris from the other car, paint and primer, so it doesn't look that bad but the problem is the dents that he left...and its nogal a new mazda3 steven...your mense :p

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
New Mazda 3???
In that case he probably doesn't have a front bumper on now! lol!!!
Look Mazda's don't have Alfa breaks (or break downs:cheese:)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
aaaaaah in that case Alfis hit it right on the head...it looks good and real,maybe i need a strip of that vinil for mys scratched side as well ha?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Yeah his car is pretty cool got a neat ICE system, but the windows turned out really nice, he actually did the vinyl himself so its pretty easy

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sorry but the shiny vynil is so 90's. now we have awesome satin finnish black vynil which looks way more classy:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Would also look cool,its all personal taste I suppose, at the risk of losing a sale and being told Im old again, I wouldnt put anything on the GT,it was voted as some most beautifull car somewhere when It was launched,so to me the car is so beautiful it should just stay that way:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts