Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the little black transponder chip in my one key is missing. The key casing was open when I checked it recently, so I assume that someone must have knocked it. What are the possible solutions to this problem?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Maybe an auto locksmith could code a new key? Which ECU is it? You could have the ECU immobiliser removed from the ECU which would probably be the cheapest or worst case new ECU lock set.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I've got the no-button spare, a single-button spare key with transponder and circuit board, and the brown key so it's not an emergency. I'll look around for cheaper solutions. Gtv single-button spare keys are likely to be expensive. Can't find them on Ebay. If there was a way to replace the chip only, that would be my first choice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
As JWQ says most high street locksmiths (in the UK) can clone GTV keys to start the car although not the alarm/remote lock function
I don't think you can buy new red single button keys for the GTV anymore. You can use some of the Fiat blue one button keys though and they are relatively cheap.
I'd suggest sending a pm to "Cromwell" on here - he may well be able to supply a new transponder chip and may well be able to help with the alarm/remote lock function too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts