Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe 2.2 JTS SV I should be picking up has the above combination, but I haven't actually seen it! Anyone got a pic of a similar one?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by SV:confused: I have a black and natural leather Ti if that helps.
He means a Brera with a Sky View roof.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what you mean by SV:confused: I have a black and natural leather Ti if that helps.
Sorry I forgot to say that it's a Brera, so SV is skyview. I'm not sure if the seats are as a spider LE or a 159 Ti. I'll know monday but I'm just a bit impatient!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
'ere'y'are :)

Interior!

Exterior!

Those are series 2 (MY2008 onwards) seats and they're gawjus.

There does seem to be a bit of variety when it comes to which interior bits get coloured -- for instance, I've seen one with tan seats but no tan bit on the doors :confused:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'ere'y'are :)

Interior!

Exterior!

Those are series 2 (MY2008 onwards) seats and they're gawjus.

There does seem to be a bit of variety when it comes to which interior bits get coloured -- for instance, I've seen one with tan seats but no tan bit on the doors :confused:

Thanks! The car is a 57 08, so hard to say.

Well I hope it's got the door cards, otherwise it might suffer from the same "afer thought" look that leathered Mitos have.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thanks! The car is a 57 08, so hard to say.

Well I hope it's got the door cards, otherwise it might suffer from the same "afer thought" look that leathered Mitos have.
I don't think there's any hope for it being MY08 on a 57 plate, MY07 were still being registered in June. Don't hold me to it, but I think the first MY08s were registered in April/May.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Assuming it's not, I wonder what they look like? They are Frau I'm told.
Can't find any with series 1 tan seats :) I've never felt frau leather, but having spent a while on Pistonheads, it doesn't look much different -- perhaps not quite so shiny. Being a higher quality leather it should feel softer.

I take it Mangos don't actually have the car yet then? :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's right, they get it on Monday, I've put a reserve on it.

Craig seemed to think it was some sort of updated version, with electronic Q2 etc. I'm not really up on Breras so I'm unsure what changes where made and when.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'm not entirely sure how all this played out, either :) Was too busy lurking around the 147 lounge at the time :lol:

The series 1 seats aren't bad -- I find mine extremely comfortable :) -- just don't sit in a series 2 as you will want those :lol:

Remember to take some pics for us :thumbs:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Cas, will do, I'm hoping it'll be ready for saturday. I was about to post something up about the tyre wear issue, I've read about 10% of the posts but am still not much wiser. Is this a problem on all Breras? If so, do we now know how to fix it?
Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thanks Cas, will do, I'm hoping it'll be ready for saturday. I was about to post something up about the tyre wear issue, I've read about 10% of the posts but am still not much wiser. Is this a problem on all Breras? If so, do we now know how to fix it?
Cheers,
Paul
It's been a while since I read the reams of info on this, but as far as I'm aware it's just a matter of setting the tracking to parallel. Mangoletsi should be aware of this.

Mine were slightly off parallel and ate through some tyres in 6k miles. Wheel balance being well out probably didn't help matters either..

If you have any doubts on your test drive, be sure to raise them. I've found them to be a friendly bunch at Mangos :) Their workshop controller and uber-qualified technician, John, knows everything there is to know and will see you right. Should you find any problems, of course :)

G

·
0 Posts
I'm looking at buying a brera with this combo, not too fussed on the engine size or spec i just want black and tan :cool:. Can't find one yet tho'.

Make sure you post up some pics when you get it :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just spoke to Craig at Mangos. Although a 2008 car, it is not an 08 model with Q2 as they'd originally thought, that makes more sense now. The good news is that the leather seats were a special build and a 2.5 K extra. I'll have some pics later today I hope.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts