Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went a bit mad today and decided to paint my VERY faded spoiler....black. Satin black actually. Bear in mind I do have the satin black wheels on. So anyway what seemed like a good idea in my head started looking awful from the very first stroke! Take a gander at the pics below and let me know your thoughts gents. I'm prepared for some harsh words by the way!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I like it :). But then again I plan similar things for my saloon which many purists will hate, but hey it's my car.

·
Registered
587 Posts
It doesn't look bad, but I'd prefer it if it was colour coded with the car; I can see the point of view of painting it a different colour rather than not having exactly the same shade of red as the car.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i'll buck the trend but... nope.
In my opinion the body coloured spoiler elongates the length of the roofline, creating a lower overall appearance.
Painting it black blends the spoiler into the blackened edge of the windscreen, hiding it.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
i think it looks pretty good, would go well with a black roof too :thumbs:

someone has done something similr to their MiTo, black wheels, roof, spoiler and red car and it looks better than it sounds :)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm afraid that for me it makes it look like a cheap aftermarket add-on.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Alfa 147 Collezione had black roofs with black spoiler I believe..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts