Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went a bit mad today and decided to paint my VERY faded spoiler....black. Satin black actually. Bear in mind I do have the satin black wheels on. So anyway what seemed like a good idea in my head started looking awful from the very first stroke! Take a gander at the pics below and let me know your thoughts gents. I'm prepared for some harsh words by the way!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I like it :). But then again I plan similar things for my saloon which many purists will hate, but hey it's my car.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It doesn't look bad, but I'd prefer it if it was colour coded with the car; I can see the point of view of painting it a different colour rather than not having exactly the same shade of red as the car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black roof on a red car looks good. Would fit in with the spoiler and wheels
That was my plan as it will be getting paint work done anyway. Just don't want to be in the chav/96 civic/306 dTurbo squad...

·
Registered
793 Posts
i'll buck the trend but... nope.
In my opinion the body coloured spoiler elongates the length of the roofline, creating a lower overall appearance.
Painting it black blends the spoiler into the blackened edge of the windscreen, hiding it.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
i think it looks pretty good, would go well with a black roof too :thumbs:

someone has done something similr to their MiTo, black wheels, roof, spoiler and red car and it looks better than it sounds :)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm afraid that for me it makes it look like a cheap aftermarket add-on.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think it looks great. Red and black goes really well, so you could go for black mirror cap to finish it off.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Alfa 147 Collezione had black roofs with black spoiler I believe..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ive seen a red GTA on here before which had the front lip of the bumper done in black too & that looked good :thumbs:
This one?? I actually do like this car but don't think I would do the black lip. It would maybe make it look a bit lost?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts