Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, was coming back from Manchester the other day and there was a black scooby wrx and a silver 4 door 3 series parked up on the hard shoulder having just nicked some speeding motorists.

This was between Banbury and Oxford and these cars have no obvious markings, extra aerials or anything obvious like 2 interior mirrors to give you a heads up, just what looked like pop up lights on the rear shelf, and blues in the grills.

Keep em peeled boys and girls!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw them on Wednesday as I was heading South from Warwick to the M25, nearer the Warwick end of things. They appeared to be jumping out in relays..as one tucked up some poor B, his mate would pull out and start cruising. I thought there was a third, a black three series, but I could be wrong.

I was pretty safe then, in my neutral blue Skoda (not so) Superb that went back today. My gorgeous, gleaming, eyeful of black 159 sportwagon (2.4 oil burner to show that heart and mind can work in harmony) that is now sitting outside will be a bit easier for them to spot, so that is one stretch of the M40 I'll avoid for a while!:)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Blimey! The undercover 50 were out in force at the weekend, what with this and the Focus ST that's been seen.

I've always wondered why the police didn't use these types of cars, but now it seems they are. They might be getting a little close to entrapment though if they're seen to rev their engines and encourage racing from other boy racers. It'd be interesting to see how this pans out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lincolnshire police have silver scooby and a black Audi A3 with hidden lights etc last seen going around Skegness at the weekends so if anyone is going on there anytime soon beware.

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
GMP have a silver 5 series (looks like a diesel), it'd pulled a car at the roundabout entrance to Cineworld in Ashton-under-Lyne last night.
Again VERY STEALTY. Had the blue strobes in the rear indicators, neat install, but a bit cheeky.
The officer driving looked like someone out of Halo, all belts, boots and tucked in pants. What happened to the blue tunic and (sorry HM) large helmet?
Cops in caps is just wrong.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Essex Police ANPR car is a Evo 9! :cool:

I got stopped by it once! :eek:

By I had insurance! :D :thumbs:

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
What ever happened to the large area car the police used to have?
In them olden days a V8 Rover (either P5/6 or SD1) would do the trick. Then the beast of the 3.0 Senator did the job. Big cars, cruise all day at 100mph with a bootfull of cop stuff.
Now they're in little hot hatches ready to pounce on the evil law breaking motorist, whereas the big 'jam butty car' forced you to behave, the unmarked Scooby or evo drops a letter with a fine and points through your door 2 weeks after the event.
Range Rovers and X5 on the motorway patrol,what's that about? The cars least suited to motorway cruising used for motorway cruising!!
At least we've got the odd V70 Estate bumbling about to lend a hand.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Range Rovers and X5 on the motorway patrol,what's that about? The cars least suited to motorway cruising used for motorway cruising!!
The Volvos are the patrol cars, the 4x4s are more likely to be Highways Agency, although I thought most of them were meant to be Mitsubishis.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Silver unmarked Skoda Octavia coming of the M4 and going towards reading with grill lights and siren going, Friday PM.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
What is that about, I mean do they really need to be in £50k 4x4's :tut:
And what are these 'highway agency/traffic officers' whatever they call themselves all about? Do they even do anything other than drive around at 60mph?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I too have seen the Scooby and the 3 Series on the M40 and agree that there's absolutely no way you'd ever spot them, short of memorising the numberplates :rolleyes:

Sneaky stuff!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chatting to a policeman at the Italian car night at the Ace couple of months ago,he said they have a couple of modified V8 Bmw 5 series and UNMARKED!! Yikes!!!

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
At least we half sure that UK police dont plod around in Alfas....right:confused::lol:;)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It's good to be in behind-the-times New Zealand where the cops are almost always forced to get around in Holden Commodores. Unfortunately a good percentage of the population seem to be in the same boat(s :lol:), meaning you have to look for lights in the windows incase any given Commodore is a cop car. I'd prefer it if the cops drove Saabs or Citroens or something else that no private individual in their right mind ever buys...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts