Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me? On my 166, on the outside of the car at the base of both rear windows there are black rubber strips, you know that come in contact with the window as it gos up and down. Well both of those strips have slid back towards the rear of the car. I have tried to slide them forward again but there stuck. Is there someway to slide them forward, im worried about using to much force.

·
Registered
626 Posts
well when i locked my keys in the boot i pulled one off to get acess to the lock (the easyist car ive ever had to break into) but at each end theres a rubber flap which locates behind the plastic on the doors ie the black triangle at the back if i remeber rightley that unscrews from inside the car the screws for that are under black plastic caps so i broke the flaps by pulling it off but once unscrewed you can pull it off be care full not to bend the rubber as it has a metal strip which stays bent inside

Andy

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andy, I guess what i am trying to say is that all i want to do is just slide those black strips on the ouside of the car where the rear window meets the body of the door itself. I have tried to slide them a little forward but there stuck. Is there some "trick" to get them to slide forward or is there something that i must take-apart first? Thanks

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Completely unrelated to the thread but has your forum name got anything to do with feather lubricant?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Completely unrelated to the thread but has your forum name got anything to do with feather lubricant?
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

ok well have you tryed the window is down i carnt remeber if the go all the way down but the rubber is a seal between the door skin and window and it locates all the way along the door skin in pull out and clips in okay but it probley has to much friction to slide (ive never tryed) i wonder if your tabs under the plastic have gone as they shouldent move
Andy

·
Registered
626 Posts
photo !!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts