Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No reply in the GTA section so as i guess this applies to all Alfa's I'll ask here.

I have fitted a 846A Nero Metallico door to my car which has an 846 Nero Metallico paint code. It is darker and now i'm looking at a respray... :-(

What does the A signify at the end of the code?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks... Your knowledge is better than Alfa who assure me only 1 type of Nero Metallico was produced!

Its only just off, it seems to have a different fleck of metallic in it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Metallic paints are really difficult to match anyway as it depends on how they are sprayed to how the fleck comes out, distribution etc, it could well be the same colour.
Think even if you were to get it sprayed it may well need to be blended into the other panels to hide it.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. A and B are therefore production years... So essentially even a respray would leave a slightly different colour. Looks like the only solution now is a complete respray...

I thought about trying to t cut the door down but realistically its unlikely to do much.

The other option is to only drive the car in the dark...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
You may find a good session with a polishing mop might lesson the colour difference. It works on the a Alfa reds

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So polish / t cut all panels etc the door. Any product suggestions?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think if I wanted to do some hand polishing I would try some Meguiars Ultimate Compound with a foam pad. The Megs should be easily bought in Halfords, not sure if they do some applicators but would assume they do.

An alternative would be to use a paint cleaner and some clay. Again these can be purchased from Halfords. Ideally you could use all of these products together.

Using these products would mean you get to see the paint without any interference from any dirt. This may not solve your problem but at the very least you will be looking at very clean and glossy paint.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
So polish / t cut all panels etc the door. Any product suggestions?

No hand polishing with T Cut won't really do it and will take you an age. Best to get it machine polished. You'll be surprised how much a mop can solve problems like this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts