Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're about to order a new family car for the missus, I was hoping 159SW but there's a high chance she'll go with the Ford Kuga 2.0D, and I'm not that averse to be honest - I'll still have my Brera :).

We have a 1 year old boy, a small but well behaved labrador and 2 jobs, so we (read "I") don't have much time for cleaning cars (my Brera lives in a carpeted garage and gets cleaned about once every 2 months. Luckily I don't have to take her out if the roads aren't dry and I do less than 4000 miles a year :))

So the question is, black or white? I've read that white is relatively easy to keep clean but shows mud in winter, and doesn't show swirling, scratches or paint chips (because it's the same colour as undercoat :rolleyes:) I know white is in fashion right now, but how long until it goes out of fashion? We're planning on keeping the car 5+ years.

However, the Kuga (and the 159SW) look so awesome in black when clean :inlove: and black never goes out of fashion :cool:

So what do we buy? Black or white? We had a Black Spider LE that looked great some of the time, although it was only washed about once every 2 months :mad:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Black.

White is likely to go out of fashion as it has happened before. (Remember white XR3's and Ford Capri Lasers?)

Black is a nightmare to keep clean, but looks great when shiney and never goes out of fashion.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Kuga???? really fish. :confused::vomit: Hold out for the 159 mate or pick something that doesn't fit in the crossover title. I've never seen a decent car in that field yet. Plenty better looking cars in the blue oval stable if you still want a ford :thumbs:

and black.....always black and wash it more you lazy git ! :lol:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the choice of car isn't really down to me as it's going to be the wife's daily driver and she will be paying for most of it. I have a motorbike for commuting and a Brera for fun so can't complain that I don't already have what I want.

Needless to say I have been pushing for a 159SW for sometime but she really wants a Kuga. I've had a look round a couple of them, and as my 11 month old son illustrates below, they're actually quite fun.

Hmm. How terrible is a black car going to look if it's only washed once a month?

Attachments

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Black, it will show the dirt yes... but it's not your daily driver its hers :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Well the choice of car isn't really down to me as it's going to be the wife's daily driver and she will be paying for most of it. I have a motorbike for commuting and a Brera for fun so can't complain that I don't already have what I want.

Needless to say I have been pushing for a 159SW for sometime but she really wants a Kuga. I've had a look round a couple of them, and as my 11 month old son illustrates below, they're actually quite fun.

Hmm. How terrible is a black car going to look if it's only washed once a month?
I worked on that dashboard:D Didn't know they were still using it!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Cool!! It's really quite nice for a non-Italian effort :thumbs:
defo don't buy it now though mate. You can tell her one of your friends messed it up and the gauges are prone to failing :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Ah, are you referring to a possible replacement coming in the next 1 to 2 years? Or perhaps a facelift? PM if you like.
Nah it was a joke. The "cluster will be fine"!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Hang on a minute, what's all this aboutthe Vertrek concept coming out next year? It looks lush. Joss, do you know if it is actually likely to be launched next year?
Nope. I've been out of the ford game since 2008 so not sure what is going on with them anymore. Just good to see them reusing old designs from 06 when I was at ford!:lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
looks eaxctly like a kuga:confused:;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I used to have a white car and have recently bought my first black one. It is true that black is annoyingly effective in showing the smallest splashes, stains etc. If it wasn't an Alfa I probably wouldn't care as much.

However, I have found that a good wax helps. I was surprised at how much dust etc. just washed off in the rain. Not perfect but there was an effect.

Clovis

1 - 20 of 44 Posts