Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am selling my 2007 black on red BMW 335 and building my Giulietta. I am going for the fastest engine below the 1.7 as I don't drive manual. I LOVE the red leather interior on my BMW with the black exterior, but I am not sure how it'd look on a Giulietta. One more thing, I am getting the panoramic sunroof option, with the 5 hole circular rims and red brembo brakes ;)

Would be great to read your opinions and ultimately see some pics if any of you have gone for the red leather interior option.

Best!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Matter of personal preference I guess but personally I love black with red leather, have had 5 Alfas in that combo.

The only thing that put me off when ordering my G was that the door cards are the same black regardless of seat option, whereas the 156/166 red leather options had red door cards too.

·
Registered
38,364 Posts
I imagine by "door cards" you mean the doortrim inserts?
The previous ones on 147/156 /GT etc had the cannelloni ribbing and an outline which worked in a feature colour . If you look at the Marangoni Giulietta showcar the tyre company did in 2010 you can see that this was not considered this time. The way the door pull comes into the insert only works in all black.
I hope the doortrim is redesigned for a facelift as the unlined door pocket and the inserts without cannelloni are one of the biggest disappointments of the interior .
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/alfa-romeo/giulietta/10944/marangoni-g430-giulietta-pictures/page/3/0
You can just see the trim and door pull don't take to featuring

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,
I was going to go for red leather with white paint finish, but went for black leather when I realised that with red the trim did not follow through. The red leather option looks like someone has been down to the local scrap yard and grabbed some seats and lobbed them in a black finished interior. Frankly for a brand known for style it's very poor. Unless the trim can follow through they just shouldn't bother. That said the black is very nice.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
When I was at mangos looking to buy mine there was a white G with red leather and I can only agree with what has already been said in that there is absolutely no follow through with the colour and it is disappointing. Our Mito is Etna black with red sports cloth (black and red) and has the red carbon look panels on the dash and doors. It looks brilliant and looks cohesive but they don't seem to do this anymore.

I can only agree with what has already been said in that the 'upholstered' bits in the door really need to be the same colour as the seats.

As an aside, bearing in mind mangos is nearly 90 miles away, that white Giulietta was bought by someone who lives less than 3 miles from me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts