Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Did the 916 GTV ever come with black head lining with matching pillar covers/grab handles/visors etc?

I have the usual grey but there are oil marks and before I replace it with another, I would much rather have black if they exist. If I cover my one the grab handles etc won't much.

Also if anyone has the above for sale, please let me know.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Phase 1 is Black headlining and Black visors

Phase 2 is all grey headlining and grey visors

i believe all have black A pillars

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've just fitted black alacantra in mine this week & all the pillars - an entertaining job, but it looks fantastic.
People were quoting me £50 for black visors alone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Phase 1 is Black headlining and Black visors

Phase 2 is all grey headlining and grey visors

i believe all have black A pillars
Probably a stupid question... will the black ph 1 fit a ph2?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
You can dye the grey handles with iDye Poly*. I have a thread on it on Squadra916 ( forum membership required ) -

http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/3426-replacing-the-headlining/?do=findComment&comment=15790

This is dying the plastic - not painting. Don't bother with the type of vinyl dye you get in places like Halfords. It's paint!

If you don't mind the round mirrors and the cutouts, you can use Spider sun visors and there are loads of those around in black. It may also be possible to recover the grey visors with black vinyl or alcantara and to dye the hinge black ( I've not experimented with dying the hinges black so I don't know if the plastic will take the dye ).

When I had my headlining out, I even fitted a rear interior light.

* Don't even bother trying Dylon and Rit - they do not work.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all,

Many thanks for the replies and the information.

So it's a Ph2 and really it should stay as a grey head liner, not a black as that is a Ph1 part.

Cheers all

Ian

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi all,

Many thanks for the replies and the information.

So it's a Ph2 and really it should stay as a grey head liner, not a black as that is a Ph1 part.

Cheers all

Ian

I have a phase 2 black headliner. So yes they must have come with black.

And it's also the phase 2 material

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I have a PH1 with grey headlining...!!!

Late PH1 have some PH2 bits for sure...brake compensator on mine is PH2 and pretty sure a few other things are too..if Alfa were not strict about it then why should you be?

Get the colour you want...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts