Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
This was listed on ebay for ages around a month ago and it didn't sell. I don't know anything about the car or why he wants to sell it so quickly. I notice from the ad that a head gasket was replaced - is there any reason why this should go with relatively low mileage: I didn't think this was very common with GTVs. I saw one with around 150k and a head gasket had never been replaced.

G

·
I'd guess that it did not sell because the red dash is an acquired taste and it is expensive compared to average (even though it looks like it is better than average - it is a psychological barrier for some).

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Well it's been looked after by Jamie Porter so no doubt it will be in tip top condition ... head gaskets go generally because the car overheats, if you look at the ad the radiator was replaced at the same time, so to me the reason for the gasket was fixed by fitting the new rad ...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That link to the Cup no64 is a CAT D. It has been discussed on the forum before and it is not selling. Prices for GTV V6's are really hard to judge because they range so much. How much do you think it is worth. I spoke to the chap and is due a service again.

I also spotted on on Pistonheads a 2002 black V6 spider with 65k miles for £7k which sounds like a lot. I checked Parker's Used Car Price Guide and they value the car at & 4K! I **** the Spider with the roof down but I think the coupe looks better when the roof is up.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've not seen that advertised before but it looks good, well worth a look... red dash is an aquired taste though.

Plenty of info about that Cup on other threads: worth a look and a punt if it's all been sorted properly. Sounded like it might need a little TLC, whereas this black one might be good to go as it is.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
That link to the Cup no64 is a CAT D. It has been discussed on the forum before and it is not selling. Prices for GTV V6's are really hard to judge because they range so much. How much do you think it is worth. I spoke to the chap and is due a service again.

I also spotted on on Pistonheads a 2002 black V6 spider with 65k miles for £7k which sounds like a lot. I checked Parker's Used Car Price Guide and they value the car at & 4K! I **** the Spider with the roof down but I think the coupe looks better when the roof is up.
Parkers is useless for GTVs and most other sports cars. Keep your eyes on Pistonheads and Autotrader to see what good ones go for, that's the only guide I try and keep an eye on.

Spot on with roof up/down comment, it's the same with every car that has a convertible option I think.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Cant say Im a fan of the red leather which is filthy and looks like its never been cleaned.

One more question why dont the GTV Cups come with full leather seats? We dont get the Cups in Australia.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Cant say Im a fan of the red leather which is filthy and looks like its never been cleaned.

One more question why dont the GTV Cups come with full leather seats? We dont get the Cups in Australia.

You slip off leather when making fast turns, you don't do this when touching cloth :lol:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Red leather looks fantastic! Not difficult to get clean either. I like the look of this car better than a Cup, even though it doesn't have the kudos of a Cup.

·
Registered
172 Posts
MOT is due very shortly apparently. I'm always wary of cars for sale with no MOT or an MOT due within the next month or so as why wouldn't the seller just pay whatever an MOT test costs thesedays to have the MOT done unless they know it's not going to pass?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts