Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of ordering my G 1.6jdtm in Lusso trim as a company car.

I've already decided on most of the options - Ghiaccio White, 18" 5-hole wheels, Red Calipers, Folding mirrors, Alu pedals. This is what my lease budget allows me to do anyway...

The only option i can't decide on is whether to go for black or black/grey competizione cloth. I can't find any cars at the dealer or online with the black/grey seats, so i'm wondering if anyone here could upload some pics or share your opinion on which one to go for?

Cheers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good choice for a company car, I also have a 1.6 Lusso.

You'll have to let me know what MPG you get as I am very disappointed with mine.

With regards to the seats I went for Black, AMC Chelmsford did have one in the show room with Grey seats, I used the on line configurator when I was looking at mine and this showed the 2 different seats.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I went for the black as light grey could mark up over time, I had pale seats on my old car and they started to look grubby after 2 years (despite washing).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey midessex, so what kind of mpg are you managing to return? I've read the review in Autocar for the 2.0jtdm 140 saying it wasn't achieving anywhere near to it's claimed figures, but i hoped that it wouldn't be a similar story for the 1.6 :(

For the seating, i've also had a look on the configurator tool. On there, it actually looks pretty good. A bit of contrast for the interior, but I wanted to see how it looks in person/photo and see if it's just as good in the flesh. I'll have another look at my dealer this weekend (Romford)

marcus6982, that's a good point too. I guess all black would be easier to look after.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

I have a 1.6jdtm Lusso with the black and grey seats. If you're still after a picture I can try and take one over lunch and upload. I think it just lightens the interior a little compared to all back but it's all down to personal opinion.

Regards
Vaughan

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wouldn't go for the grey. Even the dealer I went to said that they tend to look a little like seat covers thrown over the black seats. Love the black - very smart.

Re the mpg: I have the 1.6 Lusso with 5500 miles on it. Getting 50mpg with some highway/town stuff not driving too madly. 55mpg at about 70mph on the highway with cruise on. If I start to have fun in it, then it goes to the mid 40's mpg. Not too bad and I can get it better if I drive sensibly (which is hard to do). All of these figures are in D mode BTW.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey midessex, so what kind of mpg are you managing to return? I've read the review in Autocar for the 2.0jtdm 140 saying it wasn't achieving anywhere near to it's claimed figures, but i hoped that it wouldn't be a similar story for the 1.6 :(

For the seating, i've also had a look on the configurator tool. On there, it actually looks pretty good. A bit of contrast for the interior, but I wanted to see how it looks in person/photo and see if it's just as good in the flesh. I'll have another look at my dealer this weekend (Romford)

marcus6982, that's a good point too. I guess all black would be easier to look after.
Hi,

Hi, Mine is about 47 - 49 MPG, I know the claimed figures are normally optomistic.

I have just covered 10,000 miles and it seems most people on here are getting MPG's in there 50's, some mates of mine with 2.0D Golfs and BMW's and a 1.6 Peugeot 308 are still getting mid 50's.

I don't have a set journey to work so most of my mid week journeys are different, the only constant journey is on a sat when its 5mins town, 25 mins A Road Dual Carriage way and then 10 minutes town the other end.

even a 4 hour drive to le man at the french speed limit 130KMP (80MPH) resulted in under 50MPG where the above cars were all in the 50's.

Let me know how you get on.

AMC is based in Chelmsford so not a million miles from Glyn Hopkin in Romford, might be worth a call to see if they still have the white one with grey seats in the show room.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vaughan, it would be great if you could post a couple of pics!

For the mpg, I'll be doing 150 miles per day mainly on the M1 and M25 so as long as the traffic is forgiving, I can live with +50mpg. Sounds like you got unlucky with your one midessex. I'll be getting a demo car for the week next week so i'll let you know what that achieves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

Here are a couple of image, sorry they're not great but it was monsoon weather so had to take them quickly

http://www.focalexhibitions.co.uk/Project_Files/DSC_0228.JPG

http://www.focalexhibitions.co.uk/Project_Files/DSC_0229.JPG

I don't think they look like seat covers but I suppose it's each to their own.

I get mid 50's out of mine all the time regardless of where or what type of driving I do. I have a fairly long commute to work on A roads with virtually no traffic which probably helps mine a bit.

Regards
Vaughan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Briiliant, thanks for the pics! :thumbs:

It actually doesn't look half bad. I was expecting the the grey cloth to be darker than that, but the contrast looks good in my opinion. It also goes alright with the roof lining.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm looking for a Giulietta and just wondered if anyone has the light grey and black interior and can offer an opinion on it's durability. Unfortunately as I don't have a choice in the matter, I'm going to have to allow little people to travel in the back and my thought of using a dog blanket to protect the upholstery probably won't go down well with the mrs, so I need to know how it copes with messy kids. (Even now I'm shuddering at the thought of it being littered with happy meal boxes and fruit shoot bottles!) :(

T

·
0 Posts
I'm looking for a Giulietta and just wondered if anyone has the light grey and black interior and can offer an opinion on it's durability. Unfortunately as I don't have a choice in the matter, I'm going to have to allow little people to travel in the back and my thought of using a dog blanket to protect the upholstery probably won't go down well with the mrs, so I need to know how it copes with messy kids. (Even now I'm shuddering at the thought of it being littered with happy meal boxes and fruit shoot bottles!) :(
What age Giulietta are you looking at. 2014 onwards or pre 2014?

·
Registered
35,747 Posts
43000 miles and it looks new. That's black competizione cloth but I'm sure grey should be as durable.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've seen the light grey mix on a 100k car and it was still good - lightens the car up quite a bit.

....although I have all black on mine (including the black headlining that goes with the sunroof)

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
I've got a Lusso with the black seats and like them a lot. Wasn't keen on the two-tone ones personally - but that is just my opinion. The material used is actually very durable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi

Here are a couple of image, sorry they're not great but it was monsoon weather so had to take them quickly

http://www.focalexhibitions.co.uk/Project_Files/DSC_0228.JPG

http://www.focalexhibitions.co.uk/Project_Files/DSC_0229.JPG

I don't think they look like seat covers but I suppose it's each to their own.

I get mid 50's out of mine all the time regardless of where or what type of driving I do. I have a fairly long commute to work on A roads with virtually no traffic which probably helps mine a bit.

Regards
Vaughan
Your links don't work :-(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts