Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tyre hunting at the moment for my gtv v6. am looking for a decent tyre at a good price, especially after shelling out for tax today and the £1k garage bill for the gearbox.

was thinking falken fk452 which actually fall below the £50 mark delivered.

any other good prices and any discount codes for the blackcircles site.

cheers

neil

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I always find local tyre sellers the cheapest (normally the same price as online, but tyre fitted and disposed as well)..generally the big companies like ATS e.t.c can't get near.

If you really want a discount for blackcircles..

5% off

RANDS17

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for that. tried contacting the local guy who is the nominated fitter for black circle for the fk's online they are £49 each but lowest he can go is £74. and £7.50 per tyre to fit makes it £56.50 each if i buy and he fits

·
Registered
38,437 Posts
The black circles price of £49 doesn't include fitting, and you also have to pay £10 delivery. You can pay for a fitted price of £63 per tyre and then you don't have to pay the postage.

I think that is right anyway, at least it was last night for my area.

I have been looking at getting some more for my coupe which uses the same size. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
cheers for that. tried contacting the local guy who is the nominated fitter for black circle for the fk's online they are £49 each but lowest he can go is £74. and £7.50 per tyre to fit makes it £56.50 each if i buy and he fits
Don't be shy...call some more ;)

e.g. in Bristol - Cabot Tyres is often the cheapest
in Reading/Bracknell - Bracknell Tyre and Battery is often the cheapest (lots of other locals quoting considerably more), but there are some companies with true stand out value.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah total fitted inc discount £122.38 which is not far off getting it delivered then fitted!!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
always used to use bracknell tyre when i lived in reading, a lad that drank at my pub worked there so got a little off on the f1's think it worked out at £69 a piece fitted at the time.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was looking on mytyres at the vredestein ultrac. cant belive the diff, inprice for 2 near identical sizes. 205 55 16 £59, 205 50 16 £79. both rated same speed and load????

·
Registered
38,437 Posts
was looking on mytyres at the vredestein ultrac. cant belive the diff, inprice for 2 near identical sizes. 205 55 16 £59, 205 50 16 £79. both rated same speed and load????
I am pretty sure that the 205/55 16's will foul the inner arches when the steering is turned. Also the speedo will be out.

205/55 16 is one of the most common sizes, thats why they are cheaper. 205/50 16's are not that common.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts