Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help!

Intending to 'De-Silver Chrome' my 156's Door handles, Front Grille & Fox RS Wheels in preference to a black Chrome effect.
I think this will 'beef-up' the look of the car and give it a more aggressive stance, particularly if the headlights are swapped for Black GTA type, Fogs/Rears are black tinted, and Black rubbing strip on bumpers is colour coded red..

Does anybody out there know of a supplier of a Black chrome type spray. There is an American company called 'Innate' who have a product called 'HyperBlack' but I bet shipping is expensive.
Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Attached pics are my 156 Currently, and Wheels treated in Hyper Black which is the effect I am trying to get.

All else fails I'll treat all the desired areas in Dark Gunmetal Grey.

& just finally..anyone treated their 156 Front or rear lights to the dark tint treatment you can by in a spray..wouldnt mind seeing pics if so.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
my 3.0 v6 against your 2.5 anyday

:thumbs:hey ho bro

just dont hammerite the inside of the boot like you did your old 1300 sport...oh an steer clear of those pheasants.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hammerited Alfa

Oh crap too late!...No seriously I hadnt thought about that but its not a bad idea.
It will lighten the car without carpets and be quite tidy. A bit of carbon fibre for panel covers and were away.

How do you remember things like my 1300 boot? I cannot even recall that!

Front brakes done, back brakes next. I am buying some wheels it will just be easier then I can move the car under the shed and do the body work and engine mods. Busy summer.

Away now to buy some silicon air intake pipes and a pipercross racing filter.

Best to the family

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
:eek:

Don't spray the handles. As soon as anyone wearing rings touches it, it'll mark.

Take the handles off and give them to some professional plater to dark-chrome or anodise (etc) them for you.

Once you have that done, take the wheels to a wheel-man and get them to colour-match the precise door-handle shade onto the wheels and the front doodah. Use proper paint, not aerosols... though obviously you could spray everything some random shade of Graphite using spray cans if you wanted. :)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I think it looks good as is, though if I were going to spend money on the appearance I'd stick a facelift front on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts