Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just been to my local powdercoat shop to price up wheel refurb. Quite fancy a black chrome finish but not sure if it would look just right.
Anyone have these colour wheels on a red Alfa? Or any pics just so I can contrast colours
I have the 18" horse shoe type alloys

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

Not quite sure on the solid black personally just wondering if the chrome element of it will brighten them up a touch

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The dark grey Alfa do would be a better bet, looks great with red.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already have anthracite coloured wheels which I'm guessing is a similar colour to the above and they do look good. Was just after some opinions and pics of the black chrome

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have smoked Chrome on mine but really doesn't look much different to silver due to the flat surfaces on the out side.... The inside surfaces gradually get darker as they go further in but Its not too obvious.... I had mine done by laptab in Birmingham and they have sample pictures on there site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have black alloys on mine an think they look mint but then my cars black too but looks the biz :) ill try upload a pic

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Someone adviced to stay away from chrome alloys... unless you're involved in organized crime. It may go for black chrome to :)
But matte black looks fab.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.aerocoat.net/

These are the guys I'm going to use the black chrome is on the home page, Porsche alloy

Yeh thinking they might be a bit "pimped" for my liking, the sample I looked at was more like a gloss gun metal colour

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have black 18" spokes on a red GT. the black rims have a red finish along the edge which sets it off against the red car. I think the combo looks the dogs IMHO, do it do it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Decisions decisions, wheels are coming off today so can take them in tomorrow. Will have to make a decision then :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts