Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bit of discussion on one of the Alfa related FB sites I was told that vehicles in the "historic" (tax exempt) class are now eligible to wear B&W registration plates, while the DVLA isn't exactly clear on the matter it would appear to be a rolling programme renewing every April, I'm pretty sure the size has to be the same but its a bonus along with the MoT and tax exemption...

·
Registered
92 Posts
After a bit of discussion on one of the Alfa related FB sites I was told that vehicles in the "historic" (tax exempt) class are now eligible to wear B&W registration plates, while the DVLA isn't exactly clear on the matter it would appear to be a rolling programme renewing every April, I'm pretty sure the size has to be the same but its a bonus along with the MoT and tax exemption...
Hi Martin you are quite correct B & W plates can be fitted to vechicles with historic classification

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've just ordered an Italian style front plate in aluminium, the plastic one is delaminating and not looking its best, hopefully the suppliers wont notice that my spider isn't a motorcycle...
Update: just had a mail back saying that's fine so am looking forward to my new plate

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Martin which company did you use for your front number plate?

I've just ordered an Italian style front plate in aluminium, the plastic one is delaminating and not looking its best, hopefully the suppliers wont notice that my spider isn't a motorcycle...
Update: just had a mail back saying that's fine so am looking forward to my new plate

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Thanks Martin, didn’t know that, i’ll pop down to Jepsons

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Mine came from Jepson as well.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Received my plate from Framptons today... really please with the quality.. 9 x3in so a great size...

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice one Rod , will set your spider off nicely, hows the stripping ( the alfa not you) going

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
lols.. slowly...... side tracked with the standing pedals and work.... Should be able to get the driver door and boot stripped over the weekend..

Nice one Rod , will set your spider off nicely, hows the stripping ( the alfa not you) going

1 - 16 of 16 Posts