Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have polished and waxed my black 156 and it still looks dull no shine at all any help please?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
If you don't have one, DA machine polisher is a must!! Sonus system does wonders on dark colours or Meguiars Micro Fibre system for 2 stage process.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Shammy is the worst thing you can use IMO. It will put swirls back into the clear coat. Always use a good quality 500 GSM MF drying towel and place out opened to dry in sections, not circular motion either to dry.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Shammy is the worst thing you can use IMO. It will put swirls back into the clear coat. Always use a good quality 500 GSM MF drying towel and place out opened to dry in sections, not circular motion either to dry.
Thanks, been gagging to say shammy for ages sorry:lol:
Shammy after a wash has kept mine all winter.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Rushing off to buy products won't help. On a black car it's all about technique. You are going to have to go back to the drawing board. Wash, Clay, Machine correct defects, Wax. ....and yes, definitely bin the chamois.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
^^^ What he said ^^^ on the washing side, try G3-Pro (farleca) stage 1 product. It paves the way for clay bar work. I'd recommend 3M clay with AG Rapid Detailing spray. You can also try PBW Black Hole Glaze.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I use Poorboys Black hole on my old Focus RS, bought it up great after a 2 stage machine correction again using Poorboys and Autosmart polishes.

As said above you need to get back to basics, the paint has to be correctly prepped, so clay, polish with DA or rotary if you know what your doing. you can then use a glaze and or wax.

Have a look at the Autobrite website, lots of advise and good products there, and of course the detailing world forum too.

But beware its addictive... all those nice shiny coloured bottles you can buy lol

Oh and ditch the shammy and sponge for a start..

Have fun.

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts