Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!!!!

I have a 96 2.0 Twinspark 16 valve and have not developed a bizarre electrical problem, Can any body help.

The car was parked up outside for a week and everything was ok when I left it. I have come to it this afternoon and the battery was flat. After jump starting it the car runs and the sidelights are permently on. If you turn the car off the sidelights remain on. Pulling all the fuses and relays out of the fusebox makes no difference, the lights remain on. After much playing around most functions e.g wipers/ washers and other electrical feature work most of the time although some times sporadically.

Has anybody else had the same or similar problem?

My best guess is that the fuse box is wet? Any comments, I am driving myself mad trying to solve this.

Also has anybody got a wiring diagram (fuse rating and position and relay id position) of the main fuse box under the dash for the car as the diagram in the handbook looks quite different?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yours hoping for salvation

KBR :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
are the side lights linked to your alarm. ie did side lights flash when you arm the alarm or the indicators like on mine. Just wondering if your alarm is faulty. But my guess is you have a bad earth or more likely a short somewhere, I have heard of problems with the fuse boxes though. Have you tried playing with the parking light function?

N

·
0 Posts
KBR, i am in Warwickshire also, nr Coventry to be precise, so i you want a fuse box or you need a copy of the manual on disc with wiring diagrams then i can either meet up with you or I'll give you my address and you can come to my house and try and get it sorted on Saturday.
Sorry if this sounds abit dodgey but i don't know how else to word it.

Ted

F

·
0 Posts
Not familiar with the wiring on the Alfa's but have had similar problems with car in the past and it turned out the relay had decided to self destruct internally and melt causing side lights to stay on all the time :confused: :confused:

Are the side lights relay run :confused: :confused:

Jim will know he's the fiat mechanic isn't he?? :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
yes i am thankyou for remembering.. :D

screens leak and when they do it all runs into the fuse box. you can take out the fusebox and open it up to see if its wet.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright Silly question

How does the fusebox come out?

J

·
0 Posts
pull down on the big clip that says FUSE on it..it should swing down then there are two bolt type thinggys at the top where it pivots,once you undo them all you need to do is unplug it all.the sockets will only go back in one way so dont worry about mixing them up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts