Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've searched numerous threads on here and elsewhere and still no luck so here goes!...

I was trying to wire in parking sensors the other day and wired the power supply into the reversing lights when the lights died and the radio shut off. I turned the radio on after and it seems to work fine. Long and short is I have checked every fuse on the car and they are all fine, yet the following items don't work:
  • Reversing lights
  • Traction control
  • Cruise control
  • Stereo no longer turns off when engine turns off
  • Parrot bluetooth system doesn't work (seems to hae no power)
  • Maybe other things that I haven't noticed yet :rolleyes:
I have also checked the reverse switch on the gearbox with a multimeter and it works fine and is plugged in tightly, the clutch switch is plugged in fine, the brake switch is plugged in fine, yet when testing the rear connector block to the boot lid (the one located under the left of the rear window), the reverse light pins do not show any voltage when reverse is selected.

I'm lost for ideas now but hoping by some chance one of you clever people can work this out! :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's a 10amp fuse blown, I think it's the bottom row, 3rd from left in the fusebox in the car if it's the same as my 2004 car. It also guards the glovebox light and the visor mirror lights.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is strange. I checked that fuse (along with all the rest) a number of times and it was fine/unbroken. I just pulled it out to check again and it was still fine, but replaced it and everything works again. Happy days!

How can a fuse blow though without breaking the fuse wire?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you check the fuse with your multi-meter or just visually? Sometimes the break can be hard to see with the naked eye.

Glad you got it sorted though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, have to admit I didn't. I've never come across a blown fuse where the break wasn't visible. Shame on me! :p
Cheers for the advise though, wouldn't have bothered checking it again otherwise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts