Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now the snow has gone does anyone have any tlc planned for there gtv this weekend?
mine is a good wash and polish, fit the speaker adapters for the front and fit 13cm speakers.

·
Registered
38,913 Posts
Well I have a new battery I need to fit.

I also have to investigate a creak that has appeared from the front driver side. I have a feeling it is the wishbone or its ball joint.

Other than that it drove very well yesterday after being laid up for 10 days due to the snow.

Plus I need to fix the leaking exhaust on the Bravo.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
busy weekend for you simon, i noticed your advert has changed to not for sale????
creaking will be a wishbone mate. battery is a quick job, i dont fancy the exhaust though.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Clicking door check to sort and if its not windy/wet a paint repair by the drivers door pull.

·
Registered
38,913 Posts
busy weekend for you simon, i noticed your advert has changed to not for sale????
creaking will be a wishbone mate. battery is a quick job, i dont fancy the exhaust though.
The exhaust won't be too difficult, its a split flexi where I bottomed the car on a speed hump that was covered in ice.

At least there is only one of them though, the GTV has 2.

I decided to hang onto the GTV for a while. the missus wants to keep her Bravo so the GTV can stay for a while.

I just need to find a baby seat that will fit in the back.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah keep the gtv simon, its a very good example, why dont you contact an alfa dealer and see if they know of custom made baby seats or why dont you start a thread?

·
Registered
38,913 Posts
yeah keep the gtv simon, its a very good example, why dont you contact an alfa dealer and see if they know of custom made baby seats or why dont you start a thread?
Yeah I think I will do a bit nearer the time.

It is going to be an expensive month, what with a new Battery, 2 new wishbones..

Plus I have just had to buy a new pair of glasses, and I have to have a crown on one of my teeth.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know the feeling mate, i am still recovering from that head rebuild i had done 4 days b4 xmas, everytime i try to save, something always goes bloody kapuut:rant:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I might get mine through a car wash................. Don't normally use them but the garage down the road has one with underfloor jets that zaps hot water up under the car, hopefully clear some of the salt and sh*t off the underside........ and alledgedly it has ultrasoft brushes.

Next weekend it'll get a proper "hand-job" ..........

Cheers to All
Peter

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might get mine through a car wash................. Don't normally use them but the garage down the road has one with underfloor jets that zaps hot water up under the car, hopefully clear some of the salt and sh*t off the underside........ and alledgedly it has ultrasoft brushes.

Next weekend it'll get a proper "hand-job" ..........

Cheers to All
Peter
peter, my girlfriend is going to give mine a proper hand job tomorrow:p

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well Limey, you'll remember that I fitted a towbar to my 3l GTV over Christmas. Picked up a little Fiat Seicento this evening with my trailer and the Alfa. What a great tow car the Alfa is - hardly noticed the car on the back and was still quicker away from the lights than most everything else! Towed at 60 - 65 in fifth no problems and felt as solid as a rock. Thought I'd spend a bit of time sorting out the Fiat at the weekend but will post a picture of the Alfa towing the trailer for you all to enjoy!

·
Registered
38,913 Posts
I wouldn't put mine through the carwash. My paint is too perfect for that. :p

I will get a jetwash and spray the underneath to get the salt off though.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well Limey, you'll remember that I fitted a towbar to my 3l GTV over Christmas. Picked up a little Fiat Seicento this evening with my trailer and the Alfa. What a great tow car the Alfa is - hardly noticed the car on the back and was still quicker away from the lights than most everything else! Towed at 60 - 65 in fifth no problems and felt as solid as a rock. Thought I'd spend a bit of time sorting out the Fiat at the weekend but will post a picture of the Alfa towing the trailer for you all to enjoy!
yes mate fair play to ya, post some pics on here please, i am thinking of going caravaning this summer so i might add a towbar to mine.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
New boot badge to fit, front indicator lamps and new side light lamps to fit. Phase 2 alloys to fit, and would also like to give the carpet a good shampoo too.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
busy weekend for you mitch. i must do my boot badge its the last one i have to change, i know its a fiddly job.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts