Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Got myself a nice previously owned Ragazzon twin exit end section yesterday for £30 :D.

I fitted it this afternoon which was a doddle,but the only thing is I noticed that after starting the car to check it all out,condensation which had been laying in the system (hadn't driven the car since Monday evening),was seeping out of both the join in the Ragazzon section,and where this joined the centre section of the exhaust system.

Now obviously if the joints aren't water tight they ain't gas tight either.

Should I be bothered about this or will the joints seal themselves once they get to normal running temp? or should I put some paste in the joints?

Ta very much...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Hi all.

Got myself a nice previously owned Ragazzon twin exit end section yesterday for £30 :D.

I fitted it this afternoon which was a doddle,but the only thing is I noticed that after starting the car to check it all out,condensation which had been laying in the system (hadn't driven the car since Monday evening),was seeping out of both the join in the Ragazzon section,and where this joined the centre section of the exhaust system.

Now obviously if the joints aren't water tight they ain't gas tight either.

Should I be bothered about this or will the joints seal themselves once they get to normal running temp? or should I put some paste in the joints?

Ta very much...
I wouldn't worry, as long as it's pretty gas tight up to & including the cat then it doesn't really matter as long as it's not really blowing.

Clive

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
If you sit still in traffic much, fumes will permeate the cabin more - not healthy!!
Not enough to worry about, unless it's blowing badly.......which isn't what we're discussing here. Also when sitting in traffic you're breathing in everyone elses exhaust fumes.

Clive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts