Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this week, i've mostly been driving a 146 :/

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5189409694_b53c9a4bb2.jpg

GTA is currently at autolusso for some preventative maintenance. Main thing being Q2 and unfortunately a new clutch. I think i'll be most pleased to be rid of the sticky clutch pedal more than anything! shame there isn't a cheaper way of fixing it.

seems a waste to change a clutch with so much life still in it, but if its already in parts anyway...

with q2, i assume the ASR should always be OFF?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
this week, i've mostly been driving a 146 :/

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5189409694_b53c9a4bb2.jpg

GTA is currently at autolusso for some preventative maintenance. Main thing being Q2 and unfortunately a new clutch. I think i'll be most pleased to be rid of the sticky clutch pedal more than anything! shame there isn't a cheaper way of fixing it.

seems a waste to change a clutch with so much life still in it, but if its already in parts anyway...

with q2, i assume the ASR should always be OFF?
Even without Q2, ASR should be off!:thumbs:

I have the same dilema - would like a Q2 fitted, but clutch still is fine (only 35,000 on it) - just seems a shame to replace it when it does not need it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
And me with 28k! My clutch felt absolutely fine but as it was getting cambelt and Q2'd it might as well get done too.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Cal I saw your car at AL tonight. It looks really nice. I'd have really liked a red one but none came up during my search.

I can report back that after my clutch change it feels really light with creaking or groaning. Hope yours turns out the same way.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shame you didn't collect this morning or i would of seen you. two of lowest mileage GTAs in the country in at the same time for the same thing. whats the odds?

New clutch feels great. no more stickyness. Didn't manage to get the car to slip..so i guess the q2 is working well! might have to get up early on sunday to have a blast while its quite.

Autolusso's new workshop is nice. Huge! this photo only shows about half.

Autolusso | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Top credit to AL, another great job and price! :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
New workshop looks good! :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
All the low mileage GTA's must be coming out at once :lol: mines a 2003 and it went over to 29000 on the way to drop it off for the service, im getting a Q2 sorted when i get a bit of money together as ive only just got the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts