Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent issue of Car Mechanics magazine I read a very interesting article about the pain of removing, or trying to remove, fuel injectors from modern diesel engines. Seemingly, problems arise from the use of multiple metals in engine construction, often resulting in badly seized injectors. A useful tip suggests removing injectors before any problems develop and coat them with ceramic grease before refitting.
Has anyone had experience of this and is it a good idea with effective results?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
In a recent issue of Car Mechanics magazine I read a very interesting article about the pain of removing, or trying to remove, fuel injectors from modern diesel engines. Seemingly, problems arise from the use of multiple metals in engine construction, often resulting in badly seized injectors. A useful tip suggests removing injectors before any problems develop and coat them with ceramic grease before refitting.
Has anyone had experience of this and is it a good idea with effective results?
coated mine with copper slip and if Ive had to take out at anytime before plus gas down night before sorted any issues

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
When I had to replace the seals on my old Renault I liberally sprayed them with carb cleaner spray the night before and they came out really easy. I may have been lucky as I've seen no end of people struggling to get them out.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
When I had to replace the seals on my old Renault I liberally sprayed them with carb cleaner spray the night before and they came out really easy. I may have been lucky as I've seen no end of people struggling to get them out.
very lucky ...carb cleaner evaporates same as wd40 useless :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Believe it or not a coca-cola soak the night before also works.
Indeed it does but it also leaves a sticky, sugary deposit on the engine which, if you don't clean off properly, makes your car smell like candy floss when you drive down the road. Not a huge problem but it has a nasty side effect of attracting wasps in the summer! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts