Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get error codes every few hundred miles under really gentle throttle when hot errors are p1133 p1153 I have cleared with multi scan and got a graph of the signals of all 4 sensors does it look correct any advice

Cheers

Attachments

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Looks spot on. You'd need more resolution to say for certain, but the precats should be flipping between 0.8v and 0.05V roughly once a second, and the aftercats will be at 0.47V or similar.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Forgive me for being a bit ignorant:
What do these specific codes relate to on a 3.2? I've had them reported on my car on occasion although drives fine before and after I've cleared the code.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
P1133 usually means the concertina section of the intake hose (next to the throttle body) is split. - Take it off and check it properly!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I had a very similar problem with my first GTA, if there are no splits in the intake hose, check for the issue I had. Oddly a piece of paper had managed to get into the lower intake hose and was causing the same problem described problem (no idea about error codes). At the time the GTA was about a year old, and the tech was quite surprised as to how it managed to get in there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts