Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Sat waiting to pull out of a junction this morning, was cold so had the heater on 3 when I got an almighty waft of petrol. Managed to pull up and open the bonnet where I was confronted with fuel spraying over the engine ! :eek:

Rang the AA, they arrived in 20 mins (thankfully) and the main hose from the entry point into the engine to the fuel distribution rack had perished. No warning at all, just went.

The AA guy was a top bloke, even took the battery cables off, cleaned them up and put them back on ! He was facinated by the car having not 'attended' one for years and spent a while having a look round it.

As an aside, a new Citroen (she thinks C5) burst into flames during yesterday in the wife's works car park - no human intervention at all !

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Changing the fuel pipes on my car is a job I must do soon. They look a bit funky, but it looks a bit of a pain to get in under the intake manifold and I can't be bothered taking it all off..........

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
It's a bit of a pain but not too bad. I took the lot of to liberate the starter motor on my 8v (couldn't be bothered getting underneath!).

wrinx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts