Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( had a bit of a bump just now :( she's not wrecked though...

Was following a car along a b road, about 45mph, a road I know well. The driver in front braked hard and indicated very very late, almost past the junction (corroborated by witness) and muggins here had no chance to stop as I had just pressed the throttle to overtake.

The driver's immediate reaction was "I'm sorry my friend distracted me".

We've not swapped insurance yet, only numbers, but I'm not sure who is 100% at fault..

Also she said she was insured via her own insurance as it was her friends car, she claims to be 25+ and fully comp on her own insurance etc. What do I do if she isn't technically insured to drive it....?

What to do? Her car (Honda accord) had a towbar so its only minor scuffs on the paintwork, mines buckled the bonnet, cracked the bumper and shoved n/s light back a bit. Don't think the rad is punctured though as I've driven it a couple of miles gently and temp stayed fine...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Perhaps i'm wrong but i still think you're at fault...safe distance and all that.:(

I think it's irrelevant whether she has insurance or not...that would be a police matter for them to sort out individually.

See if you can settle it without insurance involved...i can't see how she can accept blame and even if she does,her insurance company won't.

Be interesting to see how this pans out...keep us posted !!

Have a wee read of this : Someones crashed into the back of me - whose fault is it - Colemans CTTS Solicitors

S

·
0 Posts
Yep, the one who hit the car up the back is always at fault.
Wouldn't have happened if the following car was following at a safe distance.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a chat with the other party and she feels and accepts she is partly to blame and has struck a deal with me. (legally I am to blame, but I'm prepared to accept her 'help' fixing the problem she caused..)
She's willing to leave all insurance out of this, and her partner is willing to fit all replacement parts for me. All I need to do is get them to him within a week of today.

So anyone know of a breakers near to sheffield/chesterfield with a red 147 front..? Bumper is proving to be the hardest to find.:confused:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Good result - I imagine she doesn't have insurance which is why she is being overly helpful... If it went down the insurance route you wouldn't have a leg to stand on unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Had a chat with the other party and she feels and accepts she is partly to blame and has struck a deal with me. (legally I am to blame, but I'm prepared to accept her 'help' fixing the problem she caused..)
She's willing to leave all insurance out of this, and her partner is willing to fit all replacement parts for me. All I need to do is get them to him within a week of today.

So anyone know of a breakers near to sheffield/chesterfield with a red 147 front..? Bumper is proving to be the hardest to find.:confused:
booom! flawless victory! :)

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts