Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest I very rarely see 166's on the road.
Was driving down the M6 between J15 AND 13 when I saw NOT 1 but 2 pass me within a few minutes of each other.
Made me realise that they are a great looking car.
Just thought I'd say it in the correct forum.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
They look great, better than a Mini convertable!-1-

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Can't you knock the company car on the head and take tne cash instead and then buy an alfa.... easy really... :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Only reason I put the Mini is that it's the wifes,my company car doesn't even merit a mention.:(
How I wish for my company car list to include Alfa's
Girls car definatly!!!-1-

Can't you knock the company car on the head and take tne cash instead and then buy an alfa.... easy really... :lol:
Do it!

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
40k miles a year would not make it economical and would cost me too much money. (Tight jock)
Did look into the deals on offer and it didn't make financial sense.
But I live in hope that the continued requests to include Alfa again on the list will be listened to. They used to be available but I think they were costing too much in repairs to continue having them on the list:(

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I noticed this recently, I worked out that in my local area there are 4 other 166's in a 2 miles radius of my home, so thats a total of 5 (see that maths!!) it seems bizare to have what is thought of as a rare car and to see so many!

which brings me onto a question: (i know its been asked before) How many 166's were built for the UK? and how many are still out there?
having read the "GTV Cup" map idea is it worth us doing it?

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Had an idea...... Alfamack......you're gonna like this... Change jobs.. :lol:

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbs:
Thats the idea at the moment. Got to get some "oficial accreditations" to add weight to the CV then I'm outa here and free and easy to choose what I want.(With her permision. )
All that driving makes me a bad boy.:tut: But luckily still a clean licence.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Good lad...... you know it makes sense.... :lol:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Well being the exception rather than the rule I try to drive each of mine at least once every day as long as health ,wealth and wisdom continues to allow me to do this I hope to continue until I OR they reach the scrappy.So scrap the car tax increse and keep the fuel going the way it is.

Pomeo

The problem is I cannot drive both at the same time.:confused: ....the wife keeps telling me this and to get rid of 1 or both .god the wife is right for once.:eek: ...but i can drive them seperately.;) :D :thumbs: ....

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
The more I look at them, the more I like them. PigFarmer's new Avatar looks pretty good.

I am also taken with the big front brake calipers of the V6 ones.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Mine are all red and shiny! :D
Why yah big poser yee...your car is silver ...well it was the last time I saw it and in the pictures.....so why red silver the same colour as you cat is tasty and oozes style.

Pomeo

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts