Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, just cleaned off a load of bird crap of the most sinister kind. It was welded to the bodywork and gave me all the trouble I needed when clean8ng it off. Even after that there is still flat spots on the paint where the most stubborn bits were. Any ideas on what I can do to restore the paint? 馃崁

Registered
I get a thick cloth on it & soak it with Boiling water that breaks it down , then try & ease it off. I hate its like wiping a birds bum...

Registered
Poorboys do a bird poo remover, don't think that would be much good at bring the paint back though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Registered
I have the same problem, almost daily, with jackdaws. I keep the Simoniz next to the car and use it as soon as possible. The longer you leave it before cleaning the worse the discolouration will be.

Registered
There鈥檚 two stages, removal and repair. If you have removed it and there鈥檚 damage to the top coat only minor correction with possible cutting/refining and polishing will restore the paint work.
Key is to remove as quickly as possible to prevent repair.
To remove I just soak a microfibre in warm water and leave the cloth over the said bird droppings so it becomes loose and just dab or soak up the droppings rather than rub it off or you will leave marring and small surfaces scratches on the top coat. I also rinse with filtered water so as not to leave water spots. Trick is to do it as quick as possible and not let it set firm.

They鈥檙e a pain, somehow car paint work is like a magnet for them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Now car is safe back in garage I am goi g to attempt to smooth off as above..... The crap wasn't on there for long est 6 hrs but it was baking hot day and had welded to the car... 馃槶馃崁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts