10,889 Posts
Hi all
Just read the article linked here

PistonHeads Headlines - Biofuel timebomb

Are 166's okay for this?

Cheers - JK
Not sure Johnnie
But proof if it was ever needed...
if we don't get you one way..we'll get you another.

Pomeo

Although my ancient petrol flymo is still going strong using unleaded instead of 4 star (the auld red stuff) and original spark plug but the big end sound a bit ropey. Time will tell.

N

·
0 Posts
I stick with SP98 here and steer clear of the SP95-E10.

Fuel ethanol is just a US driven farming subsidy. **** them.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I dont know if its quite that bad in reality; ive read that although corrosive to some engine components a 10% mix wouldn’t cause imminent failures.

Saying that its really not going to be helpful with the carbon build up issues associated with the large capacity VW/Audi FSI engine like mine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OOoohhh!! Great news :)
More Christmas woe! That, the ever plumeting values and the expiring cambelts.... (all cars have problems u know!)
On the plus side, my 166 did start on sunday after four weeks locked in its box and drove beatuifully, made the most magnificent noise and was admired by passers by...
It reminded me why i have one...
Only negative, the windscreen washers stopped working, wipers move but no pump...
So back in the box it went until I can get around to getting those fixed, don't fancy doing the motorway runs in it with no forward vision lol..
Seasons greetings and long live the 166 (on grape juice or whatever we manage to harvest in 2012)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
So, does that mean if petrol is going to contain 10% less refined oil, that we will see a 10% drop in fuel duty - or am I being too simplistic?

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
So, does that mean if petrol is going to contain 10% less refined oil, that we will see a 10% drop in fuel duty - or am I being too simplistic?
Higher Ethanol content will mean the Petrol companies pay less tax.
Pump price will likely stay the same (as in when E5 came along)
Petrol companies will make more money (as in when E5 came along)

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
looks like Saab and Volvo were on the ball then

all Volvo from 1977
All Saabs from 1979

thats so long ago I had hair....:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts