Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

After several changes (most of them about the Exterior) made ​​to my GTA, I think it's time to make changes more' serious to improve the 'Handling. I'm looking for a good Coilover Suspension Kit. Unfortunately I'll not driving my car seriously on the tracks so I don't need anything extreme.

I found 2 nice Coilover Suspension Kit but I'm really insicure and I don't know what's really the best one !

1) Bilstein B14 PSS

2) KW V1 basic ( no InoX Line )

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Hi Guys

After several changes (most of them about the Exterior) made ​​to my GTA, I think it's time to make changes more' serious to improve the 'Handling. I'm looking for a good Coilover Suspension Kit. Unfortunately I'll not driving my car seriously on the tracks so I don't need anything extreme.

I found 2 nice Coilover Suspension Kit but I'm really insicure and I don't know what's really the best one !

1) Bilstein B14 PSS

2) KW V1 basic ( no InoX Line )

Both sets have great dampers even though very different damper construction.

Bilstein uses linear springs and stiffer spring rates. KW uses rear progressive springs and softer spring rates overall. In general the feedback is that Bilstein is more track oriented and KW more road oriented. If you live in area with smooth roads (should not be a problem in Switzerland) you may get the B14 and enjoy go-kart ride and still save some money. In case the road surface is poor where you live, get the KW. In case of KW, I would pay the 100EUR extra for inox version.

Eibach pro-street S is rumored to be re-branded KW V1 inox kit with maybe slightly different damper valving but a little cheaper than KW. Might give you more options.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both sets have great dampers even though very different damper construction.

Bilstein uses linear springs and stiffer spring rates. KW uses rear progressive springs and softer spring rates overall. In general the feedback is that Bilstein is more track oriented and KW more road oriented. If you live in area with smooth roads (should not be a problem in Switzerland) you may get the B14 and enjoy go-kart ride and still save some money. In case the road surface is poor where you live, get the KW. In case of KW, I would pay the 100EUR extra for inox version.

Eibach pro-street S is rumored to be re-branded KW V1 inox kit with maybe slightly different damper valving but a little cheaper than KW. Might give you more options.
Thanks for your suggestion ! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts