Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I was looking on the Autolusso website and they say that the B12's for the Alfa GT 3.2, the Eibach springs, The Sportline springs are sitting too low for the Alfa.

Has anyone fitted B12's or any other lowering springs for that matter, I really like them.

Anyone suggest going for the Eibach coil-overs and not mix and match? The B12's seem to be synchronized with the Eibachs and tested, so shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The B12 kit is a combination of B8 shocks and either Eibach Pro (black) or Sportline (red) springs.

I've got the B12 Sportline, they're not adjustable, need coilovers for that.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Yeah, they have a set height. Would it be better to buy complete systems from either Eibach or Bilstein instead of mix and match? If I only get the pro-kit springs and the Bilstein B12's, they won't work as well as a complete system?

maybe the Street-s kit...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Buying a matched kit doesn't make fitting any easier. It'll take 4hrs if all goes well, which it probably won't. In general I think the consensus is anything is a big improvement on the standard but the best performance gain comes from upgrading the arb. What ever you choose change as many parts as you can afford because you don't want to be going back.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking specifically at the Eibach Pro Street S Coilover Suspension Kit, Autolusso recommends ERS Springs, make the front sit at a reasonable level compared to the standard spring Eibach supply. has anyone got a GT 3.2 with the standard Eibach spring and is the level too low? Just trying to get my head around why buy a system/kit if you have to get other springs and if they are adjustable height, how can they sit too low

Eibach Pro Street S Coilover Suspension Kit - Autolusso New Alfa Romeo Parts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Where are you reading that the B12 kit is too low?

Every word I have ever read about the B12 kit has been extremely positive. They are quite stiff but they get excellent feedback from the owners here on AO. If you were to go for the B12's I think you would be extremely happy with them.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I have just fitted Koni FSD's with the red spring and if anything it is the same height or slightly higher then with OEM stuff..... really confused to what gone on.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have just fitted Koni FSD's with the red spring and if anything it is the same height or slightly higher then with OEM stuff..... really confused to what gone on.
Stock springs would have sagged. Its quite common for that to be the case when replacing worn suspension components. Even if they are supposed to lower the car, compared with the worn factory shocks they can be more or less the same height or slightly higher.

Reactions: Aramis

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I have exactly the B12 and eibach set up you are enquiring about on my 1.9 JTDm Blackline,(B12 Pro kit) mine has a hybrid turbo so is at very similar power levels to the 3.2, at around 230 BHP with 450NM of torque..and this suspension set up works very nicely.

of all the other derivatives the 1.9 is also the closest to the 3.2 weight wise as although the engine weighs the same as 2.0 JTS the turbo related stuff adds about another 70KG ,

The B12 Kit is a fantastic upgrade in terms of handling but I wouldn't bother without the ARB kit as this is the single most significant improvement. its the lateral movement on cornering that is the GT's biggest flaw on stock suspension IMO.

The combination of both the B12 and the eibach ARB kit is a winner and transforms the pogo like and rather soggy wallowy stock set up into something responsive,moderately comfortable and has the added benefit of giving the car the stance it deserved from the factory, it can be an issue on some speed bumps here and poor road surfaces can be a bit unpleasant but its well worth it for the benefits.

In addition to the handling improvements the 4x4 sized gap between rear wheel and arch will be gone and the car will hunker down making it both more stable and more aggressive looking, I have been running this now for about a year and can honestly say I would rather give up the car than go back to stock springs ,shocks and ARB's such is the improvement.

hope this helps

Joe

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't comment on the B12(B8 shocks with eibach springs) on the 156 as not got round to lowering the 156 yet, but do have the springs sitting to be fitted( prolines are red btw on the 156 which is odd but part numbers match up with what should be prolines), Anyway I digress, as for the B8 and eibach combo they are probably one of the best set ups i've had the pleasure of driving a car under, Have a set fitted to my mk5 astra VXR( sportline kit) and the feed back and road handling is 2nd to none when compared to std shock/ spring combo, it really grips, yes you do feel every bump in the road, but thats a good thing as you can feel how the car is taking to the road surface and then adjust your driving to suit, but the best part of them is even when your just cruising on the motorway it doesn't actually feel crashy of bumpy, and if am honest its actually quite comfortable and bearable yet tight and composed when you are taking on the twisties, they really are the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I can't comment on the B12(B8 shocks with eibach springs) on the 156 as not got round to lowering the 156 yet, but do have the springs sitting to be fitted( prolines are red btw on the 156 which is odd but part numbers match up with what should be prolines), Anyway I digress, as for the B8 and eibach combo they are probably one of the best set ups i've had the pleasure of driving a car under, Have a set fitted to my mk5 astra VXR( sportline kit) and the feed back and road handling is 2nd to none when compared to std shock/ spring combo, it really grips, yes you do feel every bump in the road, but thats a good thing as you can feel how the car is taking to the road surface and then adjust your driving to suit, but the best part of them is even when your just cruising on the motorway it doesn't actually feel crashy of bumpy, and if am honest its actually quite comfortable and bearable yet tight and composed when you are taking on the twisties, they really are the best of both worlds.

agree totally with this..:thumbup: far more eloquently expressed than my post, on M-ways it's really nice and smooth..

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Would it be better to buy complete systems from either Eibach or Bilstein instead of mix and match? If I only get the pro-kit springs and the Bilstein B12's, they won't work as well as a complete system?
Bilstein B12 IS a complete system, it isn't a random mix & match.
It is Bilstein B8 dampers with Eibach Prokit springs (with the B12 ProKit) or Eibach Sportline springs with the B12 Sportline).

The B12 Sportline sits lower than B12 ProKit.

For the 3.2V6 GT they only list the B12 ProKit, which of the two would be what I'd go for anyway.
p/n 46-188441

1 - 14 of 14 Posts