Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to replace my poped clutch slave cylinder this "evening" (Where's the light gone) While underneth i see my n/s front tyre bald on the inner edge :eek: Not just the inner edge but it looks like it's gone half way up the tyre (Avon logo half gone) but it's only on the n/s :confused: is this my wishbone bushes or is it the tracking :confused:

T

·
0 Posts
mxer125 said:
Had to replace my poped clutch slave cylinder this "evening" (Where's the light gone) While underneth i see my n/s front tyre bald on the inner edge :eek: Not just the inner edge but it looks like it's gone half way up the tyre (Avon logo half gone) but it's only on the n/s :confused: is this my wishbone bushes or is it the tracking :confused:
Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the inside of the fronts wearing. I had the wishbone bushes and drop links done last year, but it hasn't made any difference. Is it the tracking or just a quirk of Alfas?

·
Registered
564 Posts
vish said:
Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the inside of the fronts wearing. I had the wishbone bushes and drop links done last year, but it hasn't made any difference. Is it the tracking or just a quirk of Alfas?
If you have done the wishbones its gotta be the tracking :) :)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I agree with Daiblack....................especially if you have lowered the car as it tends to make the wheels toe out more and increase inner tyre wear if not re adjusted ;) :D

W

·
0 Posts
What tyre pressures are you guys running...too low and it will wear the inner edges.

wrinx

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheer's guy ...but i think that's the last of my worries :( Got back from work and sad as it may seem but every now and then i have a look under my car (engine) Tempting fate i know :rolleyes: well it's happend...
Anyway i see small water droplets sitting on top of my driver's side wishbone :eek: (dry day) so popped the bonnet, as the expantion chamber is tucked right in the wing i couldn't see where it's from (no cracks) This has happned on my 33 ....You know what i'm gonna check next........ So i take the oil filler cap of and to see ... yep!! The dreded white stuff :mad: stuck round the cap. :rant: :rant: Proberly explans the strange burst of life and heavy fuel consumption :rolleyes:

Never done a head gasket on my 8v so you will proberly be hearing from me for a while yet sorry :rolleyes:

Btw this is the exact the same thing that happend on my 33. Started with a small crack on the expantion chamber :rant:

btw btw btw Just ordered my Eibach's and getting (or was) four new tyres and tracking done at the weekend .......Bloody marverlous :( I should of posted this in the rant room shoudn't i :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Are you sure its the expansion bottle leaking and not the water pump :confused:

Or one of the rad hoses???

Btw before you tear it apart find the leak and also clean the mayo off the cap and run it for a bit .................if you do lots of short journeys you will get that happening anyway due to condensation ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
speed freak said:
Are you sure its the expansion bottle leaking and not the water pump :confused:

Or one of the rad hoses???

Btw before you tear it apart find the leak and also clean the mayo off the cap and run it for a bit .................if you do lots of short journeys you will get that happening anyway due to condensation ;)
Maybe i'm just having "flash backs" of my 33 day's, Yes i do do small journeys :rolleyes: and have done for 9 month's (ish). Toped up oil 2 weeks ago and i'm sure i would of noticed the white stuff then or in the past?? gonna have a proper look tomorrow cheer speedy ;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i had this on my 16v and it was just condesation , change of weather and all . id never had it before wiped it away and never looked back. try not to worry these things are there to remind us to change the water and anti freeze just before winter!. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts