Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi
I have a Alfa GT and am wanting a bike rack .

Searching the forums there doesn't seem to be an obvious solution, however was wandering if this would work ? ..

Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier
If you have a tow bar then Thule do one that works well-just by clipping to the ball. I used one when i had my old FIAT and it was really good, vey easy and convenient to use. Personaly I have never liked the type that straps to the car.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi
I have a Alfa GT and am wanting a bike rack .

Searching the forums there doesn't seem to be an obvious solution, however was wandering if this would work ? ..

Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier
I think one way or another you will have to end up with securing straps attaching to the boot lid. Which means attaching hooks to the glass (not a good idea)
I think the Thule as mentioned by gtv160 is your only option.
Gt's are surprisingly practical, but as a mountain biker myself, this is the only drawback with ownership, so my bikes have to go inside, mud 'n' all. (no I don't want a tow bar)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I would get a detachable tow bar fitted, plenty of Gt owners have and they're barely noticeable. Then get on roof box.co.uk and see what suits your needs.

I have a Buzzrack buzzquattro on the 159, that works really well. When we go in the Gt, the bikes go in the back with the attention of a bomb disposal expert.

I still love that Chris Harris turned up at Bike Park Wales in his Ferrari FF with his bike in the boot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts