Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the above for the first time. I was excellent:cool:

Sad to see such amazing machines coming from some of the World's ugliest periods:eek:

Below are some pictures:wow:

P51 - D & Spitfire

B25 Mitchell

Hurricane

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF)

F86 Sabre

Meteor

Hunter

Apache

Tornado's & one on full re-heat

Really happy with this camera (Olympus C765 UZ 4mp). It never ceases to impress:D

Cheers,

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Great photo's SR !!! (How many didn't come out though ?) :lol:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Fantastic pics SR, I'll be trying to get along to Yeovilton too if I can get some money together :D

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Saw about 4 jets fly over the garden centre I was at today - really low.

Must try and get to Biggin Hill again

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
*drools*

Downright amazing. :cool:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Great pics SR. Living in Kent we got to see most of them for free as they flew over whilst we were playing cricket.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Nice pictures :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The missis place is in Darenth just outside Dartford and we must be in the flight parth for where ever they head off to once they are done as we saw the P51 Mustang Mk V Spitfire and the F86 Sabre go over her garden mid to late afternoon :thumbs:

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
Some cracking pics,
reminds me of the amount of film (yep film) I wasted trying to get the Red Arrows syncro pair crossing. Tooks many shows and attempts in an age pre-internet and digi cameras.
Now I enjoy the shows even more because I can just watch, and not worry about getting 'the shot'.
Full reheat (or afterburn for the Yanks) Bah humbug!!
Try one of these pulling up after a fast low-level pass......

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some cracking pics,
reminds me of the amount of film (yep film) I wasted trying to get the Red Arrows syncro pair crossing. Tooks many shows and attempts in an age pre-internet and digi cameras.
Now I enjoy the shows even more because I can just watch, and not worry about getting 'the shot'.
Full reheat (or afterburn for the Yanks) Bah humbug!!
Try one of these pulling up after a fast low-level pass......
A Vulcan at St Athan when I was a kid:wow::cool:

There's now one flying again dead close to where I live. Will have to get the schedule & get myself over there:D

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
On of my fave airshow stories comes from Biggin on the Bump.
Sat watching the show in the VIP Grandstand (not to dear then, and it had it's own loos and bar), with a loud and opionated American behind us.
Generally being rather rude and disparaging about anything that flew that wasn't USAF. MiGs and Tornados were just not up to scratch and they'd just won the Gulf War (1st) etc etc.
Then,
one of the best displays by a Harrier I had EVER seen, left him agog, mouth wide open. The VIP stand was dead centre of the display line and this things stopped, turned, went backwards, flew sideways for about 1/4 mile either side of the stand, bowed and then spiralled up to about 1000ft and shot off.

My mate said, 'good job you bought these off us then'.
Grand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts