Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went sea fishing to Pwllheli on Monday and caught thiis Tope, biggest fish I ever caught, and I put it back to swim another day:)
tope_mawr3.jpg

·
Administrator
46,116 Posts
Photoshop! :p

;)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a Tope, which is a member of the shark family, skipper estimated it at around 45lbs.
Bazza, photoshop? its not a great photo, but it was taken on my mates phone, he caught one just after, around the same size - Big grins all the way home:lol:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Another (poor) photo
tope_mawr_2.jpg

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Nice catch! I went sea fishing last year on a stag do, first time since I was a kid and I landed a conger and a skate, both put up a good fight, I could easily get into fishing given the time.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice catch! I went sea fishing last year on a stag do, first time since I was a kid and I landed a conger and a skate, both put up a good fight, I could easily get into fishing given the time.
Yeah and the money, if you think running a V6 Alfa was bad those boats, 500bhp+, 10 gallons per hour on full throtttle:eek:
The Boat was called Judy B and the skipper, Dave is a star, he worked hard all day to put us over fish, you always know a good boat, when you have to book during the week, 'cos all the weekends are gone for next year!

·
Registered
38,251 Posts
I have been itching to get out on a boat and do some sea fishing for a long time, I haven't been for ages

If ever you have a spare place on the boat give me a shout.

I have been several time before so I am no amateur at it. ;)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been itching to get out on a boat and do some sea fishing for a long time, I haven't been for ages

If ever you have a spare place on the boat give me a shout.

I have been several time before so I am no amateur at it. ;)
No worries Sy, I am probably booking a black bream and Tope trip in May/June, I will let you know if there is a place, its a fair trek to Pwllheli from Oxford... But the skipper gets people travelling from Essex 'cos the fishing can be that good from Pwllheli, we sometimes go from soouth wales too Swansea and Milford haven, and our local port Aberdyfi I'll PM you.
And to make it worse we had a spare place last Monday:cry:

·
Registered
38,251 Posts
No worries Sy, I am probably booking a black bream and Tope trip in May/June, I will let you know if there is a place, its a fair trek to Pwllheli from Oxford... But the skipper gets people travelling from Essex 'cos the fishing can be that good from Pwllheli, we sometimes go from soouth wales too Swansea and Milford haven, and our local port Aberdyfi I'll PM you.
And to make it worse we had a spare place last Monday:cry:
That sounds good to me. I can always travel down the night before stay in a B&B then get up early.

I am in fairly easy reach of the M4/M5 from here, I reckon its a 150 mile trip.

I used to go fishing from Cardiff in the winter for Cod, whiting etc, then out of Hayling Island in the summer for Bream, smoothies, tope etc..

Speak with you soon. :thumbs:
Simon.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
And they say there's no side effects from Trawsfynydd !!!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Last time out I caught this one
tope 2.jpg

·
Registered