Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

A sad day for staff & members of AO, Maurizio aka BigFoot steps down from his role: AO Misc Lounge Moderator.

We have discussed this decision with Maurizio for a few weeks now and tonight we will release him back into the wild ;) :D.

Of course we have left the door wide open if he wishes to return as he will be missed, I owe quite allot to him, although it is important to remember Maurizio is not leaving us, he is still going to be around.

BF will be spending more time with his two jobs, a house relocation from Japan to London and having to deal with loosing access to AO during office hours and therefore feels he cannot commit to keeping the role going. It has been a brilliant experience working alongside you Maurizio, I have learned quite a bit from you and hope you will stay around even if it is occasional. Please look us up when you get to London!

I am sure everybody agrees you did a great job for AO and we wish you all the best with your career(s).

Utmost respect...

Ian

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I'll second that (depending on the posting speed - might be third :eek:).

Good Luck with the move BF and hope to carry on bumping into you still on the forum.

:D

·
Super Moderator
60,034 Posts
Sorry to hear about losing BF as a mod, hopefully he'll be able to spend some time posting still.
Best of luck with your job BF, cheers to you :D

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Thanks everyone :)

As Ian said, life at the moment is really taking tough but I've got AO in my blood now and I have set myself a goal to keep trying as hard as ever to make AO the best place on the 'Net.

On a positive side, my relocation to London (probably for the next few months) and the fact the family will stay back in London, may mean I can join you guys to some meets (as long as I get a lift :D), and it'd be really great to be able to meet you people.

A big thank you to Ian for the faith he put in me and I hope I did a decent job in my few months as a Moderator. And a thank you to the other Mods and Admins for all the help and support given to me. Cheers guys :D

Finally, a word of warning ... I may be back moderating one day (if Ian and the crew will want me): so be cool ;) :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
You need an "AO Patch" to ween you off - There really is life outside these hallowed boards. Sacrilegious, I know... Best of luck in all your endeavors, your wit, wisdom and even temperament will be missed...

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
Yes well done with all the hard work BigFoot you made an excellent moderator and demonstrated great tact. However, with your change in circumstances I'm sure you've made the right decision. :) :) :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
And look on the bright side, you can pick up a used Alfa for peanuts in London enjoy the fast countryside roads just outside the city, and when it comes to congestion after Tokyo you'll think your the only person on the road. Good luck

·
Registered
42,283 Posts
Been really enjoyable having your acquaintance for the past six months or so BF. Off you go then with a 'wee' prayer for you and the family:): Auf Wiedersehen Mein Herr.:D

·
Registered
26,101 Posts
Goodbye BigModFoot! Thanks for everything, tact included.

Hi & Welcome to AO BigClubMemberFoot! Hope to see you around.

:D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having to step down due to your other committments - hope to meet up with you in London soon though :)

H

·
0 Posts
:rolleyes: He's not going away he's just not a mod any more so no need to keep sucking up :lol:

Seriously BF you where a cracking Mod real reasonable like :D hope you get to keep the banning stick and the thin ice as a momento. ;)

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.